Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

urgent question

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
what the name of the company you bought the kit of?? (ebay)

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
CJ's Holden Spares. theyre a wrecking company based in sydney me thinks. they sell all their items on ebay. he was a real pleasure to deal with told me everything i needed to know and was more than friendly. btw ranga its caillim.

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
the place im getting it installed is called Southside Transmissions. their number is 94549790 but they dont show up in the phonebook for some reason. once i get it done ill post and either praise them or rip the **** out of them because they did a crap job. youll hear from me soon haha

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
would be very interesting to see how it goes mate. Im currently hunting down all the parts to change my vs over, so yeah any info on your dealing with these blokes would be most appreciated.

B

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
ok its called southside transmissions (details above) but their workshop is in midvale at a place called Carlo's Auto's. took the car there on thursday, got it back the following monday. ended up costing me much more than i presumed, $1299 all up. 600 for conversion, 300 for a new clutch, new spigget bearing and misc other small parts around $50, had to fix the speedo, which stops working when u put in a manual tranny, that was 200, and there was some other stuff which i cant remember. on the plus side, he did a good job:) interior looks very nice and everything seems ok. but i injured my foot the other day and i cant walk on it for at least a week so i cant tell you how it goes until i fix myself up hahahah. youll hear from me then.

betts

Reaction score
Members Ride
b
ok. couldnt wait any longer. took it for a spin last night and have driven it all day today. for all those out there considering a manual conversion...do it!!! haha so much different im stoked! as far as i can tell the mechanic did a great job everything works smoothly and theres no strange noises or vibrations. for everyone in perth its called Southside Transmissions, phone number is above. two thumbs up:D