Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Urgent. Vn Calais 5l No Spark

CALAIS5LITRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5 Litre
Hi,

When going to change the timing, My cousin accidently bridged the wrong two wires on the diagnostic plug. Instead of bridging the right two, he bridged the left two.

We haev checked all the fuses, relays, replaced the coil, but still have no spark.

Injectors are pulsing so there is still fuel.

Now the fault codes were showing fault 14, which is the coolant temp sensor fault, but after changing the main fuses that went to 12.

Does anyone know if there is any immobiliser of some sort on the VN Calais 5L? Or are we looking at IGN module/Dizzy???

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

CALAIS5LITRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5 Litre
Is anyone sure of there being an immobiliser in the VN 5L calais?

I have been looking at the wiring diagram, and the two wires he has bridged lead to anti theft mech, and the efi relay. The efi relay is fine.

vpbt1ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS manual
s2 calais can have an imobiliser

B

big vn

if u have injection pulse then it wont be the imobiliser more likely to be the ignition module located LH front of strut tower

H

HATER VP

The coil provides spark to the dizzy. The dizzy provides spark to the plugs.
Are you getting spark from the coil to the dizzy cap?

CALAIS5LITRE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5 Litre
Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

No spark from the coil. And yes there is fuel going into the cyl so i guess that rules out the immobiliser theory.

The thing that gets me is the two wires he bridged go nowhere within the ign system, must just be a coincidence.