Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

USB Device Error when HIDs switch on

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE Commodore SV6 Z-Series - Manual
Hey All,

I have a weird thing happening with my HIDs. I went into a dark carpark so the headlights turned on, then at the same time got 'USB error' and my phone stopped charging / playing music then instantly started again. If I switch the HIDs on manually, it doesn't do it. Only does it on auto mode. I'm guessing it's a massive voltage drop as the HIDs and everything else turn on / adjust to dark driving? Causing the USB error?

I have a friend who has a similar issue except his does it when he toots the horn...

Then last night, I was driving away from a friend (headlights on) and I tooted my horn and realised the headlights turned off. Tried fiddling with the switch (off / on etc) and they would not come back on. Foggies and highbeam worked though and thats about it. GPS wouldn't load on the SatNav either.

Restarted the car and it worked fine....Thoughts?

stubec16

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Equipe Sportswagon LPG
Remove illegal dodgy HIDs and put legal headlights back in. Problems solved.

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well as it turns out, it's not just the HIDs. If I toot the horn it does the same thing.

Anybody got a useful suggestion?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Back to the dealer!!!!

SimoHDK

Reaction score
Members Ride
hah yeh it's going for its 3000km service this week so I'll bring it up. A few people have mentioned the earth stud in the engine bay, it seems to be okay though.