Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

used car warranty.. anyone know?

Knightmare1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S ute
Hey,

Just got a quick question about the certified used car 3 year/175,000k warranty..
I bought a VY S pack ute back in august, and pretty much over the past couple of months the gear box (clutch especially) has been becoming noisy though mostly when idling that is.
And, now I'm fairly certain that the box has rotated to the right slightly just tonight on my way home.. there is a fairly small yet noticable difference from where the gearshifter normally sits in each gear in comparison to where it is now. So i'm assuming either gear box mounts, engine mounts or something along these lines has broken bent, something.. maybe?

My question is, would the broken mounts or whatever else that may have caused it be covered under their warranty? or would holden possibly charge to fix something like that? I was already wanting to get the clutch/gearbox checked out at the next service but now it will have to be sooner than i hoped. Considering its not from abuse its a bit of a kick in the balls for how long i've had the car.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
I guess you can certainly try. But they'll only cover the first $1000 of any claim and the rest will be out of your pocket. I tried to get a leaking radiator replaced under warranty but they wouldn't have a bar of it. Also wouldn't fix central locking or audio controls that wouldn't work. I voided my warranty about 12 months after I got the car. Not worth the paper it is written on imo.