Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Used to be a Holden Dealer - way to present work.

Best way to make public a photographic catalogue of old holden dealerships

• Via Instagram

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Via Tumblr

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Create a specific Facebook Page

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Wix (or similar) web page/blog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Write/develop physical book (coffee table style!)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I was thumbing through the VTII Olympic's handbook and got to the dealer listing. I noted immediately that there were dealers on the list in my area that don't exist anymore.

Sure enough - I went through the entire list for NSW/ACT and of the 129 dealers/service agents listed, 66 have either closed, moved and/or amalgamated with other makes. I guess that's what happens when you go from 20% market share to under 10%?

I am beginning a photographic study on this demise of Holdens former market dominance. My aim is to get to as many former dealer/service agent sites as possible and get a qualiy pic of the VT in front of it. Due to the age of the vehicle, I'm only looking at post-2000 closures, but am willing to consider other sites that are interesting. Aim is to take a pic of the car in front of whatever is there now - workshop, apartment building, vacant lot, ruins, Bunnings, whatever.

So - If I were to get this together into some sort of format that the public could have a look at (I have posted some pics on various FB groups before and there was a lot of interest) what could be the best way of doing it? I have attached a poll of ideas.

So far I have done the following sites:
Blayney, Canowindra, Parkes, Gilgandra, Wellingon, Peak Hill, Narromine, Braddon (ACT), Boorowa, Grenfell, Harden, Gunning, Crookwell. One weekend I intend on going to Sydney for a couple of nights, getting as many as I can there. Then in a future school holidays I'll do a roadtrip up north on the Pacific/New England to get all those in the north of the state. Summer holidays I might do the more remote NSW sites. Next year I could focus on Victoria.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Hope the link works.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-34...4!1se6gyljiYuV7iJRPu37x28w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

This is what the Dwyers Holden site in Wollongong now looks like. Well it's actually finished but you get the gist.

Now that's a name I haven't heard in a bloody long time.
I'm originally from Warrawong and I remember Dwyers Holden from when I was a kid.

Dwyers Holden Wollongong....Roughly estimated to be around 2004
Dwyers Wollongong.jpg

I'm not 100% sure, but wasn't there a Dwyers Dealership in Warrawong too....around the late 70's - early 80's
But I do remember when we had our own rugby league team....Go the Steelers