Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Used VX Commodore King Springs

mw1081

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Series II SV6 Sportwagon
Hey guys,

Looking at lowering my VX Commodore Exec with either FE2 or Low/SL King Springs.

First question, is it safe to use used springs? I've seen a few sets at Pick N Payless wreckers and they're only $22 for ea corner...

Secondly, what's the lowest you can go without replacing the shocks? Really don't want to replace them as my Exec only has 90,000kms on the clock.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
I've used plenty of used springs before, I think they're fine to use again. Only thing is they'll sag, so probably sit lower then they once did. Just make sure you're buying the right type of spring for your car... etc V8s have a stronger spring for the weight difference.

You might get away with Fe2/Low, but SL will cause the stock springs to wear out faster.

D

devilly

to be honest with you.if you want a lowered car buy a sports car.my advice is this if the current suspension on your car is x amount of years old.and then your putting in lowered springs that are going to preload weight onto other components which is going to wear them out quicker.

king springs i don't like at all when i took them out of my car you could move them in and out by hand.the work involved to have more problems isn't worth it.

i'm currently running heavy duty pedder's reds :) standard at front and raised in the rear :)

also look into that the rear has and automatic level ride system.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Pedders shocks and springs came in mine. They look stock height but seem to work well. I'm in the country so I just went *up* in body height by raising the tyre profile a little. Now even the front mudflaps clear the speed humps in the town carpark :) ( Yes, I need mudflaps out here).

I've re-used springs before and it's OK. If you don't want to go modding other stuff then stay 'moderate' on what you *do* change.