Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

useless fire extinguisher transformed

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
gess what i am doing with my 26 dollar useless extinguisher.

Attachments

• speedy.JPG
    speedy.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 379

Snotty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina auto s2
i dont get it??
care to eleaborate for the not so quick ones?

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
Snotty said:
i dont get it??
care to eleaborate for the not so quick ones?
ive used it as surge tank as i got new alloy tank it holds 1.5 litres and i thought well i already own it and it faild life as a fire extinguisher.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
don't mean to be a picky bastard wayne, but in what position are you going to mount that surge tank? i reckon it's a neat idea, but i'm just interested to know how you are setting yours up, after i set my mates fuel system up in his 1600. 10 points for creativity!

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
EcotecManiac said:
don't mean to be a picky bastard wayne, but in what position are you going to mount that surge tank? i reckon it's a neat idea, but i'm just interested to know how you are setting yours up, after i set my mates fuel system up in his 1600. 10 points for creativity!
hi ecotechmaniac
im mounting it where the rear seat armrest folds down at the back the race tank i bought will be vertualy beside it with the bottom of the surge tank level with bottom of tank and the filler on the tank im extending to be level with boot lid so out with the grinder again and cut hole in boot.the reason for new tank is to get rid of orig one to make room for the new exhaust as there is no room under there.plus i get boured easy.

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
hinterland said:
hi ecotechmaniac
im mounting it where the rear seat armrest folds down at the back the race tank i bought will be vertualy beside it with the bottom of the surge tank level with bottom of tank and the filler on the tank im extending to be level with boot lid so out with the grinder again and cut hole in boot.the reason for new tank is to get rid of orig one to make room for the new exhaust as there is no room under there.plus i get boured easy.
hi wayne,
so what sort of lift pump are you going to use and what high pressure pump/s are you using and how are you going to plumb the surge tank into the system?

hinterland

commyvt
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
Members Ride
vt sed turbo
EcotecManiac said:
hi wayne,
so what sort of lift pump are you going to use and what high pressure pump/s are you using and how are you going to plumb the surge tank into the system?
hi eco
heres the info on the lift pump and the h/p pump is a bosh 910.im going to have the lift pump fill the surge tank at the top and h/p pump from bottom of s/tank
*Facet 12 volt solid state fuel pump. The pump is rated at 5-6 psi, 132 litres per hour. The pump is self priming to 30.5cm lift, ie, pump can be mounted no more than 30.5cm above the*level of the fuel tank.

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Btw... what type of extinguisher was it ? CO2 ? Foam ?