Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

User Activation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Hi Guys,
This won't have any affect on guys who have already signed up but due to recent problems with pointless points by some kids we have moved across to email verification in an attempt to eliminate this happening again.

The only thing different about the system is once you fill out the sign-up form you will need to click a link in the email to verify your email address exists on that domain ie hotmail, yahoo etc.

I hope this doesn't cause any inconvenience, if for some reason you fail to receive the activation email please drop me an email to [email protected] along with your user name and email address, from there I or Garth will approve the account manually.

Cheers
Darren

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I am not entirely sure whether Hotmail is blocking the Just Commodores domain or what but there appears to be a number of activation requests just sitting in the queue awaiting approval.

If you have problems please let me know or simply signup for a Just Commodores email account and we'll take it from there.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
A bit of an update on the Hotmail issue. I am currently flinging emails backward and forward to Hotmail in an attempt to try and find out why so many Hotmail emails aren't going through. Looking at the logs they are being sent but somewhere and somehow they are simply disappearing.

It's rather unusual that this should happen but it's not the first time I have come across it. I have had a similar problem with another domain but the problem was never able to be resolved.

If worse comes to worse and we are unable to get a resolution from them I will most likely have to ban hotmail addresses from new user registrations.

I don't use any of your email addresses for personal gain nor would I have a reason to.

Current users which have Hotmail addresses already in their own accounts have nothing to worry about.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Hello darren,

Thank you for writing to MSN Hotmail. 

This is Dainty and I am in response to your sending problem.

Please reply to this email and provide us with the information needed for the investigation.

- Was the message returned to you? If so, please provide a copy of the message. 
  - What is the e-mail address of the recipient? 
  - Could you send a message to this address in the past? 
  - When did the problem start? 
  - How long has this problem existed? 
  - What browser are you using? 
  - Have you been able to send a message to this address from other e-mail services? 

I appreciate your patience as we attempt to locate the problem with the delivery of your e-mail message. Please also note that many e-mail companies/servers process an e-mail message before it is delivered and the problem (more than likely) might not involve the Hotmail servers.

Thank you for your continued patience. 

Sincerely, 

Dainty L. 
MSN Hotmail Technical Support

Above is a copy of the latest correspondance with Hotmail in regards to this problem, I don't see myself getting anywhere in a hurry so your patience would be very much appreciated. I will update this as new news comes to hand.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
While I await a response from Hotmail regarding this saga I have banned Hotmail / MSN addresses from being used in the signup.

I am certainly hoping this doesn't affect members which already have used a Hotmail address but I will put a new story up on the front page to contact me should problems arise.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Hello Darren,

Thank you for writing back to us.

This is Mark and I am writing in response to your sending problem.

In order to fully investigate your concern, please contact your Hotmail contacts using your Hotmail account and verify with them if they are receiving your e-mails. If they have received your mail, please also verify if they have replied to your mail and if they experienced problems with sending their replies to your account.

Please be informed that e-mail delivery is instantaneous only between one Hotmail member to another.

I appreciate your patience as we attempt to locate the problem with the delivery of your e-mail message.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Above is the latest part of the response. They sure aren't very bright thats for sure. I feel like I am bashing my head against a brickwall with these guys as they don't understand what I am requesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.