Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

User instructions for radio.

yoigle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
I have a 1997 Commodore VS station wagon. It has fitted (original I presume ) Eurovox MCC 6330V radio/cassette setup ( Which has a --CD INPUT plug). I can use the RADIO but don't know much about CASSETTE use. I wish to hookup a CD PLAYER to the CD input. Player will be powered by car wiring and NO amplifier will be used. I presume the CD player will be AUTO hooked up to my RADIO SPEAKERS. I do not have USER OPERATING instructions so I would like to know where I could Download a freebie of radio operating instructions. I have all the wiring plans etc for the CD player---but am running radio setup blind. Could get a CONNECTOR for player and put it into the CD INPUT, but I don't want to burn my wagon or cook radio etc. Am new here and would be grateful if anyone could PRIVATE MESSAGE me with any help.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Why do you need a private message ?
Just buy a cord with a 3mm plug on each end and plug it in the CD input. They cost about $3 from computer markets and the like.

yoigle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Why do you need a private message ?
Just buy a cord with a 3mm plug on each end and plug it in the CD input. They cost about $3 from computer markets and the like.
Thanks for reply. As stated I am self learning to use the fitted radio setup. Will wire things together when I know operation of radio setup. Can get MANUAL or whatever they like to call it for less than a couple of beers. Only payment method is by credit card ( being a compulsive spender I cut up my cards up years ago) if no alternative method is available they need Manual more than me. Understanding radio operation is safest bet in my opinion. THEN I will use a cheap connector.

LES2010

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX EXECUTIVE SERIES II
OK I have to ask, R U serious about not knowing how to use a cassette player ????????

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Oh dear, this thread could take a while.

yoigle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
YES. Only ever had AM car radio. Have now bought MP3 player that uses COMMO's Aam/fm radio ( using car radio FM to get speaker sound. (Thats 100 % WORKING) . My COMMO has a radio relay so no harm can be done by MP3. (ppl on here say fm from mp3 can damage CAR RADIO (MP3 MAKER says to check you have a RELAY) so it can stuff up things.----also bought DISC PLAYER (el cheapo) and bought the CONNECTER ppl said i would need for DISC OUTPUT to CASSIE INPUT. SORRY I PROVED NOT TO BE TECH SAVVY (am 73 yrs old ) but young at heart. Thanks for all HELP---but please give GRANPA A BREAK.---Learnt to handle PC by blowing up 2 (old EL CHEAPO's) Thanks again to all for you'r help and patience. the old fart.

yoigle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
Post script. My Commo was owned by youger family members (is in mint condition ) now I spent 1500 bucks on it. As said is a WAGON and my pride and joy. Hit the KICK START on big hill and it's OH Sh#t--but great fun. PPL said here to buy a MANUAL and I agree. Had gearbox oil changed and filter done. ASKED MECHO to chech gearbox bands and got a vacant stare and reply. " Can't touch the bands they are computer controlled". Boy is that gearbox gonna be NURSED. Well have fun with you'r COMMO's as I do with mine. THOUGH IF YOU Buy another Commo, get a MANUAL GEARBOX one. Cheers to all.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Whereabouts are you? I have an instruction booklet from the original eurovox radio/cassette player in my VS that I don't need.

I'll admit that I'm not 100% sure what the problem is but I'll see if I can help

yoigle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
In Perth WEST Aussie. Can't find PRIVATE MESSAGE thingy to give you details. Want owner opertion instructions as being FLYING DOCTOR setup------licenced to use high frequency two way----I have learnt to know what you need to do---to operate radio of any kind. (as an example not to get tapes etc jammed and how to use AUTOCLEANER and things).

yoigle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
No probs. Found the PRIVATE MESSAGE thingy. Gotta read the RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS. Wont have any little b#ggers hiding from me. hahaha.