Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ute and sedan front floor mats same?

Strattos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SS
I need to replace the driver's side front floor mat and was wondering if front sedan floor mats are the same size as ute floor mats?

Reason being, I only need fronts, given my rears are perfect, and can't find an option just to buy front mats in the variant I'm looking at. But you can buy them for utes, which are a heap cheaper given it's just the front two.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I need to replace the driver's side front floor mat and was wondering if front sedan floor mats are the same size as ute floor mats?

Reason being, I only need fronts, given my rears are perfect, and can't find an option just to buy front mats in the variant I'm looking at. But you can buy them for utes, which are a heap cheaper given it's just the front two.
Yes.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I thought ute had fronts and a rear mat that stretches over both sides, well my set does.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
I thought ute had fronts and a rear mat that stretches over both sides, well my set does.

Interesting as I've always bought just the fronts for my Utes including a couple of spare sets for my current one.

I buy these Holden Motorsport Edition ones for the Redline, fronts only.

Do you have a photo of the mat that runs behind the seats?

New Genuine Holden VF Ute Motorsport Edition Carpet Mat Set (2 mats) #92283251 | eBay

1634380821692.png

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I will try to remember to take a shot tomorrow.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
They're standard in the Magnum, probably fitted in MSE's and Directors too.

They could have been standard in the Redline as well as I can't recall optioning them, but I honestly can't remember.

When I was stocking up on parts for the car I did buy a couple of spare sets in case they go out of manufacture in the future.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R

yes

and for us with HSVs, buy just the Maloo set for the fronts of a HSV sedan or wagon (when they have to be replaced)

I did this.. just 2 for the front (as the rears were virtually new) Save BIG $