Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ute lowering!

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey everyone I have a VY Series 2 S Ute and I want to lower it so the tub sits level... I was thinking SL in the front and SSL in the back.... Does this look good and also does it sit at road legal height in VIC 100mm or something ??? Thanks heaps

Last edited:

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
what size rims are you running? 18's with superlows all round will tuck a little bit of tire.

super lows are the lowest legal you can go. (i think)

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't know I just bought it but 17s I think :) I'll let you know later when I'm home

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
you can lower it to 100mm of clearance from the lowest point of the car.. EG; the exhaust cannot sit less that 100mm off the ground

if you want.. go into a suspension shop and ask them for a quote to make it sit level.
keep a conversation going and ask what level springs they'd use SL,SSL waterer then buy the springs on ebay n do it urself ;)

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah well the plan was to do it myself, but thats an awesome idea man cheers

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
If you're using the ute as a ute, ie carrying stuff, consider something like Kings HD springs for the rear - they sit at the same height as regular kings springs, at whatever height you choose, but have a higher spring rate, so they don't compress as easily. Can make it a bit of a pogo stick if you drive it empty all the time though.

Also keep in mind that the 100mm rule is technically meant to be considered when the car is at it's maximum (or at least a significant portion of it) load rate, although the likelihood of that being adhered to on the side of the road isn't great, unless you piss someone off. So passenger and 500-ish kg in the back. There is also a percentage of original suspension travel that you need to maintain - can't recall off the top of my head what percentage though - I'm thinking it's something like 2/3 but you should confirm that if it's a concern.

Jake.7410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate,

I put Super Lows in my car and it looks real good and sits level. Keep in mind if you put heaps of heavy **** in the back or have a steep driveway its not worth it... Drives me crazy when i put my bike in it and have to drive offroad to tracks.. :'(
SL's all round or?

sIIVY_tommy

Now Cruising Z Series!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6Z M6 Ute
hey dude,

i got sl in the front and ssl in the rear on 18"s looks orgasmic no scraping on the guards either, can supply a pic for ya but i didnt replace any shocks and havnt got a camber kit for it just threw the springs in, its a lil too bumpy on shitty roads and get some bumpsteer on uneven roads aswell but the set up looks sick! might want to get the right set up for it shockie camber kit etc can anyone recommend anything?