Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ute Rear Suspension

P

pottsy

Hi guys I happened on your site tonight.
I own a VR Ute. Tonight while tinkering in my shed I found on the right side behind the rear wheel arch a (tire type) valve that leads to my shocks is this stock? I pushed it in and no air came out. My back end is (a little) higher than my front but I think that is normal? Front doesn’t look lowered… What would happen if I pumped some air in there? Sorry for the complete ignorance as I’m only 18 and have herein spent most of my mechanical time on my motorbikes.

cheers
Gus

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
its air bag shocks, basicly if you wanna haul something big then you can inflate that thing to stop your suspension from bottoming out, once you unload, you drain it out and its normal.

basicly you would pump up your shocks under pressure to make the car act normal under weight.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
You can try putting air in the shocks but they are likely to leak down due to past stone damage to the rubber air bags and/or the flexible nylon air tubing....but you've got nothing to lose. Some people also used them for towing a caravan or nose-heavy trailer but they seem to have lost popularity in the last few years.