Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ute rear window panel removel

birdwiser84

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Ute
Hi

So basically the clear coat has peeled off on the plastic panels around the back window of my Ute, I've got a full spray setup so i'm going to fix them up myself but I cant work out how to get the bloody things off and my workshop manual doesn't have the info either, feels like it should just pop but don't want to force and break it. Any suggestions??

(pic of another ute which had the panel in question pointed already, how handy)
vys1.jpg

Jaydenvz

White knuckle fever
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz excecutive ute
Hey mate I have had the same problem with mine I just purchased a new sailplane with the lights in it off a SS when I head home tonight I will take some pics of what the inside of the panel looks like for you so you can see it does just pop out but there are 4-6 points that it connects too I think the aid of a electrical flat head screwdriver helps, I find the electrical ones are a little more forgiving on the paint work as they are plastic coated

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
ute.png

Gee I look after you boys.

mdzWA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Storm 2004
ute.png

Gee I look after you boys.
gooday, many thanks for the instructions and the picture is perfect to explain it all.
do you have further instructions or tips to take off all the other plastic bits that clear cote has peeled.
can you post pictures of the rear window side plastic panel removal please?

Ned Kelly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Tonner
gooday, many thanks for the instructions and the picture is perfect to explain it all.
do you have further instructions or tips to take off all the other plastic bits that clear cote has peeled.
can you post pictures of the rear window side plastic panel removal please?

Just doing the same myself, did you find out how and if so, can you post please?

mdzWA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Storm 2004
hi ned, sorry havnt found out yet, so job not done. ive been busy with changing clutch an brake linings
and will do paint job later after i figure out how to take off the plastic bits.
if you find any instruction diagrams, please post a reply. thanks, michael.

Ned Kelly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Tonner
hi ned, sorry havnt found out yet, so job not done. ive been busy with changing clutch an brake linings
and will do paint job later after i figure out how to take off the plastic bits.
if you find any instruction diagrams, please post a reply. thanks, michael.

Found it, you need to remove the glass as there are screws under the seals...