Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ute rear window - retro fit open/close

Jaydenvz

White knuckle fever
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz excecutive ute
Hi all just something I have been looking for for a while I want to find someone or some info on how I can make my rear window in my vz ute adjustable Holden used to do this in the old school kingwood utes and I wonder why it's still not an option. I have seen this on newer utes such as the navara I think or something of the sort but they have the rear window cut into three sections where the middle section comes down while the side pieces are fixed. Preferably I would like the whole window to be able to open/close and if it wasnt too much to ask have it electric also, does anyone know of anywhere or anyone who does this sort of mod?

NonStick Squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Ute m6, VS Calais
somebody would do it for ya people can do anythin if you have the money. It could be tricky though cause the tray is on an angle at the back so it goes directly under the window

Jaydenvz

White knuckle fever
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz excecutive ute
True true I have also been a little concerned about the de-mister

NonStick Squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
i guess a retracting cable would be fine for the demister seems like a bit of a screw around though for no real gain

westy27

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Cant really help out with who does it but I know the new tritons have electric back windscreens in them . They would be pretty handy. Good luck and let us know

NonStick Squid

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cant really help out with who does it but I know the new tritons have electric back windscreens in them . They would be pretty handy. Good luck and let us know

herp a derp? we got 2 at work an '09 and a '10 they dont have em or you mean like '11 new?

Jaydenvz

White knuckle fever
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz excecutive ute
There's a gain who else has one??? No one that we know of if it can be done it would be freakin awesome

Jaydenvz

White knuckle fever
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz excecutive ute
If it can't roll down because of the tray maybe I can look at getting like a rear window sun roof where it folds back onto the hardlid this would still be pretty sweet