Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ute Roof Lining

Deadack

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute, VX S Sedan
hello there. Im looking to put a new roof lining into my ute as the other one was gone when i bought the old dear. As most of you are aware, you have more chance of winning the lottery then finding a new roof lining for utes of this age. I have a few questions.....firstly will a roof lining out of a later model ute such as a VU or VY fit it with out modification or alternatively, could the roof lining out of a VP-VS sedan be modifed to fit. Any help suggestion thanks.

the collector

the collector
Reaction score
Members Ride
rodeo dual cab
lining

go to a motor trimmer.
they can remove the old one and use it as a template or just make you a new one,its not that difficult for them
cheers

coights VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute s2
You could always remove your roof lining and recover it yourself. There have been many threads on this forum before and a search should find them quite quickly.
You don't have your location listed, but if in Adelaide you could try givinng 'Motor Traders' a call and see if they have any new ones left. I bought a new one of them last year and they still had a few more left on the computer system.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
The best and cheapest way would be to remove the hood lining yourself and take it to an upholsterer/auto trimmer and they will just re-cover it with the proper lining which has a foam backing. Id imagine it should cost around $80.