Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ute springs different to sedan?

fmx300

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
just wondering because i have 20s on my ute now with SSL's in the back and its not even tucking tire.
should i buy sedan springs to get it lower?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I've heard there is a set of Audi springs that will fit. I saw a guy with a VY who had them and had 17s under the guard.

Honestly though, it looks like the car is broken so I don't know why you would bother.

pepstar87

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SSV M6
I have SSL in rear and SL in the front on my VY SS - correct springs for a ute.
I have my stock 18s on it and its not tucking, I want it lower.

I bought a set of SSSL rears and SSL fronts from a V6 sedan. I confirmed with King Springs that it would fit prior to buying, they will fit but will sit roughly 10mm lower all round due to the different weight and especially because a V8 engine will now be ontop of it rather than a V6.

I think the best thing to do for me is get the 20" rims first and then see how it sits before I put the lower springs in.

daniel555

Custom VY Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
If your using your ute to carry large loads and heavy weights then i wouldnt bother lowering it to low, Because it'll just kill your car eventually, or so a mechanic told me.

But on my sedan (vy) i got SSL's at rear and SL's at front, Tyre tucks just a little. Looks nice. But got stock wheels, So should tuck a little more after i get some nice wheels.

Thats-How-We-Roll

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VZ V6 Ute On 20z
I've heard there is a set of Audi springs that will fit. I saw a guy with a VY who had them and had 17s under the guard.

Honestly though, it looks like the car is broken so I don't know why you would bother.

i must agree with troy711, havin a ass slammed ute looks like crap! if u can get it to sit nice all round with minimum tyre tuck , that would look sweet, just a SS