Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V T SRS airbag light stays on.

Rod Hirst

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Acclaim 3.8
Not really the answer disconnecting airbag light as over here in NZ they check the SRS, ABS etc are on when ignition is turned on, then go out after the self test function is complete after starting engine, if light stays on you won't get a warrant of fitness.

Buck

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vt 3.8
OK thanks for the info. How about if I reset ? I've changed the seats . But not worrying about air bags. .Atm...will resetting car stop air bag light But still show srs light when ignition is on..?

Buck

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden commodore vt 3.8
The light needs to be reset to turn it off, nothing else will do it, apart from removing the globe, which I definitely do not recommend, besides you still get the chimes. Even if you find out what the problem is and fix it, the light will still stay on until it is reset.
So resetting car will turn air bag light off without fixing issue.. (I've changed my seats to ss) But when ignition is turned on will show that power is getting to the srs system ? To pass a wof

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
So resetting car will turn air bag light off without fixing issue.. (I've changed my seats to ss) But when ignition is turned on will show that power is getting to the srs system ? To pass a wof
I'm not really sure what you are saying, resetting the light will work if the issue has been fixed, the light won't turn off if you just fix the problem and don't have it reset.
If you just changed the seats to the same specs as the original there shouldn't be a problem unless you turned on the ignition with some part of the SRS system disconnected.
If your old seats had airbags and the new ones don't, or vice versa, you will need to have the cluster re-calibrated and then the light reset.

Rod Hirst

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Acclaim 3.8
Yeh i agree to what Buck has said,the issue must be fixed before you can reset anything. As i also understand it probably has to be done with a diagnostic scanner,which should point to any issues and where.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
going back to rod
if you unplug abs module
then see if your scan tool connects
if it connects with abs unplugged but not with abs plugged in theres your problem
if it still does not connect and you are sure it is not your scan tool
try engineering check and see who is not talking
https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/vx-dreaded-serv-error-_.261820/
read display diagnostics and perform those checks

Rod Hirst

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Acclaim 3.8
I have just used the
Display Diagnostics on my VT. Voltages etc seem ok nothing obviously wrong here, its the Dash Diagnostic codes I'm interested in here,if anyone can help, also what the symbol - - means, what nu means, what H- means and what HC means?and what each code relates too?.
Dash codes read as follows
T00 - -
T01 - -
T02 - -
T03 nu
T04 nu
T05 nu
T05 nu
T06 nu
T07 nu
T08 H -
T09 H -
T10 nu
T11 H -
T12 H -
T13 H -
T14 H -
T15 - -
T16 HC
T17 H -
T18 - -
T19 H -
T20 HC
T21 nu
T22 nu
T23 nu
T24 - -
T25 - -
T26 - -
T27 nu
T28 nu
T29 nu
T30 nu
T31 nu
I'm suspecting here ABS module, and SDM module are possibly the fault.

Rod Hirst

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Acclaim 3.8
I have redone the trouble code test, and the dash or instrument test where all lights and chimes come on /instruments move. Everything works and comes on, EXCEPT, Low Track, and ABS.

Rod Hirst

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Acclaim 3.8
Thanks Lout for info on abbreviations for reading trouble codes, starting to make more sense slowly. Going from the link you sent me, someone did the trip diagnostic test which I looked at. I was interested where he had written his trouble codes where it read no serial data HC. In my test HC came up only twice in whole test, t16 HC, t20 HC. Can I assume the t16 HC, is the abs and it has no serial communication, t20 HC, is the SDM also with no serial communication.?. I'm considering unplugging abs module and seing if scanner will connect. If it doesn't, going by one of your posts, it is most likely the abs module at fault, if I have my facts right of course.