Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V2 immobiliser switch

VZ AlloyTech

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AlloyTech Rodeo
hi I read that inside the passenger side door there is a switch that allows you to turn off the immobiliser, I think they said you use zadi key, does the VZ have one
Thanks

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
The only way is disable the immobilizer is with a Tech2.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
What the hell are you doing trying to disable the immobiliser!? Really. If you you are really keen to do that and want somebody to come along and nick the car in short time, free of hindrance and hassle, just leave it at the adventure playground.

And no, none of the VZ cars have any such switch to null the immobiliser. There are other hidden, loomed switches (4) that do specific things depending on options such as those used by Services cars. In the absence of such options, they are null and void.

The immobiliser lamp on the dashboard is programmable in its behaviour (by Holden). There is no real reason for this light to be changed.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
hi I read that inside the passenger side door there is a switch that allows you to turn off the immobiliser, I think they said you use zadi key, does the VZ have one
Thanks
That was the VP.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
My VR had a key to turn it off in the front passenger side door jamb. Why do you need to disarm it.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
That was the VP.

Yes this also appeared in the quirky Toyota Lexcen/Holden VP Commodore-cross from 1992 to 1997. I had one of these Lexcen wagons (1992 to 2010 - a disastrously mismatched experiment between Holden and Toyota! ) and the immobiliser frequently had to be turned off (dedicated key) at the front passenger side panel because of a battery fault. But this switch was not carried over to the VZ, in which sub-category thread appears.

Last edited:

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
My VR had a key to turn it off in the front passenger side door jamb. Why do you need to disarm it.

It was before the immobilizer function was integrated into the BCM and key head and it was far less reliable/integrated so you could just turn it off completely if you were having issues instead of being stuck at the supermarket or whatever. Incidentally it was super common for the immobilizer switch itself to fail and cause big issues too.

Last edited: