Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 3.8Lts Vy

TattoozNCars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2003 Acclaim
Hey, i am just wondering if it is safe to shift down in a aautomatic gearbox to 2 1st gear at say 40km/p,i go 2 seccond an notice a rather responsive effect,it not anything flash a K&N filter (panel) 4 burner Platnum Iridium Plugs an a Turbine fan in the intake Piping near the manifold it goes ok i want to do more without spending a heap will Cold air or forced air induction help with a mod chip? an what is the best way to do the exhuast 4 a nice note an let her breath a lil more?? help plz(id hardly does a burnout with 3 ppl in the car ?only rolling 17 245 45 17nexons????

Adamvr93

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S Pack - 5 speed
look around the forum man, you will find everything you want to know...
take the leaf blower out of your intake piping.. its probably making LESS power with it!

if you wanna make some good power i suggest you spend hours reading threads on this forum as there is alot to learn.

TattoozNCars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2003 Acclaim
Leaf blower hahahah i drove it before i put that in an i reckon it goes betterv with it i got told it disrupts the air flow???

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Big restriction in the air flow.

Zarconia

Outrageous Fondler
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 R8 Maloo
Depends on how your hitting the down shift i suppose. I use to down shift my old auto all the time never got problems with the tranny and i thrashed the unholy guts out of it.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
remove the turbine fan and 4 prong plugs youll gain heaps of grunt back LOL

TattoozNCars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2003 Acclaim
Ok i will remove the Fan, the Plugs have been proven tho to burn all fuel well alot more than standard plugs,an definetly after a cold air induction setup

TattoozNCars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2003 Acclaim
I dont go too hard just say going round a corner i slap it back 2 2nd an it picks up quicker obviously but is it safe to go to 1st since it has the safty lock so u have to push the button down i dont want to bust my tranny

TattoozNCars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2003 Acclaim
B&M Shift Kits

I went to auto Barn 2day an enquired about these **** kits 4 my Vy V6 ecotec Stage 2,will it really help? i have found out that corvett sensors are far to Rough (harsh On the bands an the Gearbox Equilly) Not advisable!,also pan filter an gasket kits whats ur opion ???

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
I went to auto Barn 2day an enquired about these **** kits 4 my Vy V6 ecotec Stage 2,will it really help? i have found out that corvett sensors are far to Rough (harsh On the bands an the Gearbox Equilly) Not advisable!,also pan filter an gasket kits whats ur opion ???

That's why you get the bands tighened at the same time.