Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Alloytec Tune

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International Wagon MY09.5
Wondering where I can get my VE Series 1 Omega tuned (4spd Auto). It has 12mm manifold insulators, quad tip dual exhaust, and an Orssom OTR intake.
I have a USB-OBD cable so remote tune is also an option.
Heard MACE has stopped tuning the Alloyecs?

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
from the chiptorqe website

Our dyno experience has shown that the standard Holden tune is accurate for a standard vehicle, even a vehicle with an upgraded exhaust and/or cold air intake. This is due to the sophistication of the engine management system self learning for different air flow characteristics and even fuel qualities.

ChipTorque recommend upgrades like the CPR6 manifold or supercharger kits before a tuning solution can benefit the car. Additionally the tuning software we use for the factory ECU only supports to 09/2007 models. ChipTorque alternatively offer the XEDE Processor as a tuning option for the late model Alloytec, but this will still need the suggested level of modifications.

So basically at your point, not really worth it.

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
It's just that after installing the exhaust it seems to be using way more fuel, as in ~4L/100km more... Even replaced the spark plugs and coils.

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
if you have a scan tool I would be looking at your O2 data and fuel trims. An exhaust should effect that. Is it maybe your style of driving IE. new exhaust (louder) that maybe your putting your foot into it more?

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
Even freeway/highway driving has gone up though, just steadily sitting at around 100km/hr. I have a scan tool I keep in the car so I could check that.

billy bob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S2 SV6
I have read people who have put those manifold insulators on have experienced higher fuel use.

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
prolly o2 sensors. Could have damaged them when swapping the exhaust happens alot, its most likely the culprit.

klavins

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have read people who have put those manifold insulators on have experienced higher fuel use.

prolly o2 sensors. Could have damaged them when swapping the exhaust happens alot, its most likely the culprit.

I thought manifold insulators were meant to improve fuel consumption? :(
Don't think it'd be the O2 sensors since I put brand new ones in when I put in the new exhaust. I was thinking it would be because of the extra pipe with the new exhaust?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6

I've found that my consumption is lower with them , it depends on your driving style

bfhoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
hook your tool up check your 02 sensors. An exhaust is not going to change fuel economy to drastically at all, it could only be a few things who knows maybe your new o2 sensor is faulty, you could have the incorrect ones for your model as I looked into this myself when swapping exhaust depending on your year could be a few different part numbers for 02 sensors. Anyway a check on the ecu should show up a simple o2 problem. Once I fitted my dual exhaust on my v6 going from a single I noticed improved fuel economy extra 50klms every single tank consistantly.