Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 auto rebuild

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
i serviced my auto the other day and there was a lot of grit in the oil...so im guessing the bands and friction discs arnt the best...

can anyone give me some websites where i can order performance auto rebuild kits?? if im gonna rebuild it im gonna rebuild it a bit stronger then stock...

i have already installed a corvette servo what are some good shift kits?? i know B&M does one and transgo but not sure which one?

HARVZ-6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT spac super6
the 4l60e is a tough trans already mate

unless your gona be pumping in massive amounts of hp id just get a second hand job, put your corvette servo in and a shift kit if you please..

the transgo kit seems to be the most used on the market

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
most parts can be had on ebay good aftermarket sunshell and high quality clutches and frictions and second gear band and transgo shift kit new pump with more vanes etc. but if you want strong its best just to get one built for you.most real good trans guys wont use any old parts at all apart from valves in the valve body and solinoids.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
its physically changing how fast and how much fluid can move in the box and where it flows the ecu can only control pressure to a certian point and wont mess with actual volume of fluid so shifts should be nice and firm still.you could get a better gain from a tune of the shift points as well but most people get good results from just the shiftkit and corvete servo.the kits also help with cooling etc as more fluid is routed round the box faster too.

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
it would be cheaper to just get a secondhand tranny try and get one with a warranty though.

-(TR1PZ)-

Reaction score
Members Ride
L36
rebiuld cost

hey guys just wondering if anyone on the GoldCoast knows a good place to get my v6 rebuilt and how much or am i better of doing it myself. and are there any good mods i can do cheap to give me a bit more. sorry if this Qu. is in the wrong place new to all this. cheers -(TR1PZ)-