Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

(V6 AUTO) VY OR AU,BA,ETC FALCON FOR BURNOUTS

bigskidz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore
Cant decide which to make into a skid pig. My current choice at the moment is the VY just for the looks alone, but have seen alot of folks saying they cant standing burnout due to the weight, irs, auto, v6, and so on... Just need someone to honestly tell me which is best to burn some rubber.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
1643659170903.png

1643659195333.png

These 2 combined work very well

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Cant decide which to make into a skid pig. My current choice at the moment is the VY just for the looks alone, but have seen alot of folks saying they cant standing burnout due to the weight, irs, auto, v6, and so on... Just need someone to honestly tell me which is best to burn some rubber.
Neither of your choices. You are grossly over thinking things.

Baldoldfart

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Burnout comps, highly skilled precision driving or d!ckheads being bogans? Not much skill involved in wrecking a car with no mechanical sympathy doing a "Burnout". A waste of good vehicles a bit like the drifting crowd, that does take a bit of skill but fastest doesn't win. How many drifting expurts are known in motor racing circles?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Burnout comps, highly skilled precision driving or d!ckheads being bogans? Not much skill involved in wrecking a car with no mechanical sympathy doing a "Burnout".
Not quite true, it does take some skill to do it right and not hit the limiter. It's based on points and to achieve those points you need to show some skill to the judges. It's not like doing a single peg skid while going around a corner on the street. You need to demonstrate technique to win.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Burnout comps, highly skilled precision driving or d!ckheads being bogans? Not much skill involved in wrecking a car with no mechanical sympathy doing a "Burnout". A waste of good vehicles a bit like the drifting crowd, that does take a bit of skill but fastest doesn't win. How many drifting expurts are known in motor racing circles?

I agree....Having the rear tyres spinning whist doing 100KPH+ road speed inbetween 2 concrete walls just wide enough to turn a car around and not hit it doesn't take much skill at all...:rolleyes:

Alot of people that are serious about burnouts frown on these tossbags that do this stuff on the street...These bogans hang out together, forming really good family orientated friendships, allowing their ******** kids to learn about alot about cars and the right place on how to go about doing burnouts in the correct environment..

I have rellies involved in the burnout scene and one of those rellies makes shirts/hats/jumpers/stickers etc to sell at burnout competitions to help autistic kids....This is done in her spare time....She works part time (20 hour minimum p/w), along with getting 2 autistic kids to and from their appointments....She quite often sells out of stuff, because all those bogans/dickheads that are involved in the burnout scene buy it up big.....

Then you have promotors come from interstate, holding competitions, putting cash back into that states economy, by holding these family friendly events...And yes they are family friendly, because those who are bogans that are serious about burnouts soon band together to get rid of those dickheads.

Gary Myers, Clint Olgivy, Chris Christo, Chic Henry are 4 that spring to mind...Chris was actually the face of Bridgestone way back in the 90's (from memory)...

So yep, definately bogans and dickheads that enjoy a good time in the safety of a controlled environment, rather than on some backroad in the middle of surburbia

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.

Stephan Papdakis

Heavy VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt V6
My vote would be something with a Barra.
Has more cubes.
Better balanced engine than a V6.
Twin cams.
Lighter valve train, more revs.
Easy to tune.
Large range of performance parts.
Plus sounds better than Mang Mang.
Also to take another ford off the road.

bluehighway

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais International
Rear cradle on the Falcons cant take much of a trashing... young fellow at last place I worked before now stuffed an axle and bent the rear cradle doing burnouts and his wasnt turbo either...barra powered.... Also I presently work as road patrolman, I clean up the mess ,shredded tyres with stainless wires all over the road ...One persons car must of stuffed out it was a falcon...they had taken the number plates off it but forgot to grab the rego sticker.... BUSTED...lol... I get time and a half to clean up the mess ,its all money in my pocket.....funny thing is I reckon those doing the burnouts are paying big money fixing their cars after theyve thrashed them...If youve got money to burn fixing your car ...after a few times you will realise its more fun to have a nice car that hasnt been thrashed.... its much cheaper to maintain and you dont risk blowing your license... For those that engage at proper burnout meets....I see nothing wrong with it...but those that tear up the city streets and backroads...dont complain if you get caught...

'Where is the bolt located on the main centre bush? BA had it off centre located towards the top. BF onwards have it right in the centre of the bush.

There are differences between the cradles. Ford tried to make them stronger as they went along because they had a habit of tearing along the centre bush housing. The pick up points are all the same though from BA through to current.'
(fordxr6turbo.com) ...

• burnouts pickup2.jpg

Last edited: