Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v6 bt1

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ssz crewman, wm caprice, 2018 prado, hq Belmont u
I was looking for a v8 statesman that i could cannabilise to repower a dead VS 5 litre ute but living in a fairly isolated regional area found the whole process a bit of a pain in the arse. anyway, today, quite by chance, i came across a bloke in the town i live in who had a straight VP sedan hidden away in his yard. i made an enquiry and it ended up being a v6 bt1. the car is dead straight, good interior witj all BT1 options still there (big tank, sump guard, map lights etc.). has been out of rego for 18 months but he hooked up the battery and it ran like a clock. clean oil and cold air. 339k on clock. recent suspension and brakes. decent tyres, standard rims. hood lining sagging and aftermarket dual fuel system (7 years to go). said if i wanted it, i could have it for 1000 bucks and he'd throw in a blue slip (rwc) and have the head lining repaired..... As personal circumstances mean i need a second car fairly soon, i am thinking i will buy it, register and detail it, use it for a few years and then sell it to buy a donor for the ute. the police aspect gives it some provenance. i remember driving both v8 and v6 vp police cars when they were new and rate them as one of my favourites. does it sound like a good plan? i cannot recall if the v6s had an lsd or not and i couldn't get under it to look..

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Sounds like the simplest option, $1000 and rwc is a fair price. Need to check diff tag for lsd or spin both wheels trick with car in the air.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Usually BT1 pack included LSD.

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
2d73bf12-f45d-c3f3-0000-01637604a50e

ringfeder3

Reaction score
Members Ride
this was my work car in 92... v8. loved the way the irs would cause the rear of the car to drop when it was pulled into drive.