Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Conversion For Vb To Vk

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
One of the guys from the Street Commodores mag was working on a alloytec conversion into an early girl, not sure if it was ever finished though. Because the the Alloytec engine is a lot wider they did have issues getting it to fit into the engine bay and I believe they had to move some of the accessories to suit.

No doubt it could be done but no where near as simple as doing the 3800 V6/Ecotec conversion.

crb

Reaction score
Members Ride
84 vk
WP_20150118_001.jpg This is an SIDI LFX conversion I've been putting in my VK for the last few years. Would've been going long ago except for the fact that seemingly nobody in Aus can do the wiring. So I've had to pull it back out and put the trusty (VT)Ecotec back in. After 2.5 years off the road it feels great to drive again but will still persist with this conversion. Managed to get everything for the VE LFX engine to fit-had to use Vz sump and engine mount brackets and make up my own alternator mount. Fits pretty snug but has suitable room for engine movement. The exhaust was a bit tricky to route but also simple in the fact that there are no headers just a single pipe each side. Good fun.