Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v6 conversion

V

VCV-62C

hey scummy, speak of the devil, i have a VC SLE with a V6 in it, didnt convert it myself but i bought the car n **** does she go...im only a red P plater still in school but love my commodores. To answer your question im assuming they just used a 5ltr cross member but my power steering is a little weird, cause the V6 steering pump was used not to worry. i recommend the transfer, it sits snuggly in their too.......enhance the no. plates

Shifty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
EF Almost Turbo
Keep in mind that you WILL need an engineers certificate which can be costly. :)

no-doof

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Calais
i've looked into doing this coversion a fair bit and i'm doing it on my vk calais soon

your best bet is getting a donor car, because you will need motor, gearbox, wiring loom and computer, fuel tank, brakes etc from this car

the crossmember out of a v6 vn bolts straight in. just make sure you get a crossmember etc that is straight otherwise you'll have trouble lining things up.
then your engine basically can bolt straight in. you'll need to change your wiring loom and mount the computer etc in the engine bay.
for the gearbox you need to fabricate a crossmember out of the original one and use a turbo400 mount off a hq (I think)

check out www.v6vk.tk it's got heaps of usefull info on it. i know it's a vk
but it's basically all the same anyway good luck with the conversion

V

vkv638

V6 into vk/vc/ch/whateva is an awsome convertion, alot more power, better fule, faster responce more tourqe ect

your gunna need things like front crosmember and gearbox crossmember vn can fit to vk and suport the vs/vt ecotech and t700box, you will also need speedo kit wireing loom fule kit computer vk 5l diff, break upgrade to 4w discs ect and a whole lota other bits n peices.

OR alternitively i am urgently selling mine to pay off debts before i move out in a week. awsome car and i want to sell it to a good holden loving home.

its a vk calais fitted with a 97 ecotech v6 and turbo700 box, aswell as modifications such as lowered on pedders suspention, pioneer sysem, tints, sports steer wheel, 17"mags, 2.5"exhaust group A front bar (unfitted unpainted) digital dash power windows and personal plates VKV638.

http://www.myholden.com/rides.php?id=vkCalaisAndy

urgent/regretful sale due to financial troubles and moved to city
$4000
please contact me if interested on 0402557416 or email [email protected]