Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 economy and V8

383Torry

Hi guys, brand new to the forum,
But.... heres my question to all models of Commo's
What is the average k's per 100kms you get in your car Un-modified or if you have mods list also please.
Missus is fighting me on v6 and I want v8 and economy is the argument.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I am getting 9.6l per 100km average over last 3 weeks. I drive from one side of geelong, to yarraville in melbourne. If i didnt have to drive through the city it would be even less. I have had exhaust and tune to the LS1. I don't know anyone in a 6 that is getting the same economy, one of the guys at work can't get below 11 in his 6 and he is mainly on the highway. It is all in how the car is driven, the 8 is just as good as the 6, until you start getting heavy footed

A

Andre's SS

VZ SS manual 5.7ltr 13.8 all round driving .Eh so im heavy footed :)

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Troy711 said:
apparently it is 75L... but some argue the VZ tanks is only 60 :p

Vt is said to be 75, but when i had it cleaned, i put 5 litres in to get to the servo, would only take another 61...that 9 litres could get me another 9 km's!

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
Im getting 9lt/100km 60% highway 40% city on E10 in a S1 VN auto with cat back exhaust, VR memcal, VR injectors, VR coilpacks. Ive heard that fuel economy is best with the auto commodores if you dont go above 2000rpm which I would have to agree with. Those figures are what I get if I drive below 2000rpm.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
minux said:
Vt is said to be 75, but when i had it cleaned, i put 5 litres in to get to the servo, would only take another 61...that 9 litres could get me another 9 km's!

Minux wouldn't that extra 9 litres get you approx. another 93.75km's seeing your fuel consumption is 9.6 Litres per 100km's ?:whistling

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
i get bout 16L/100km with a VS v6 auto. but iv got the condition known as lead foot.