Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v6 ecotec to ls1 worth it??????

toughvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
hi i have a vx v6 commo and i have wanted to get a v8 for it, i have read alot of posts about doing a conversion
and alot of ppl have mixed opinons about doing it like saying its cheaper to go out and already get one done
and the costs involved and the rest

well anyway i have picked up a complete damaged vy ss for $2000 so it has everything on it ready for my vx
i will be doing it at some stage but i was wondering what do you people think about doing it as i have picked up everthing so cheap????

the car used to be my brothers gfs car so i know a bit about how it went and car/motor only done 50000km
so its pretty much still new in a way

_senator_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hsv Vy senator s2 & Vt s2 5.7 calais
Unless the body has immaculate paint and is the cleanest car it's a lot of fu**en around 5g buys u 5.7 vt Calais these days your call u got everything now, or sell for small profit and sell vt buy what u want done

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Could have sold your VX for ~$4-$5k...add the $2k you spent just on the wreck and you would have yourself a factory 8.

Sent from here, so you can read it there via iPhone.

st3r3otyp3

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV VX SS
Some people want to do it the hard way for the experience, you must be one of them.

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
In short, the answer is NO...

A lengthy answer is, Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Unless you have obtained the engine, k frame and everything else for free there is no way in the world it will cost less then buying a VX with an LS1 in it already...

IRON8

Let It Rip
Reaction score
Members Ride
'VTank SS , VG/VR Ute
In short, the answer is NO...

A lengthy answer is, Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Unless you have obtained the engine, k frame and everything else for free there is no way in the world it will cost less then buying a VX with an LS1 in it already...

quite ironic, i was reading a thread you started lastyear (tonight) about a similar project!! did you crank up your 304 in the end did ya?

toughvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
i have read and heard how much of a job its going to be, but how many cheap complete SS cars can you get for 2grand with 50000km??
even if i sell the vy ss wreck and sell my vx im still going to have to save more cash for a decent good condition v8 thats will have high kays and probably need freshning up lol

adz_vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Spac l67
If the op asked how do I get power from my v6 the answers would have been put a v8 in it. Now that he wants to put a v8 in it you guys are telling him not to. I just had to giggle at that lol

toughvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
another thing with ppl doing these conversion what is the hardest part of it??
installing the new loom???
the k frame???
the diff???