Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Exhaust - Post here

Butterz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
Yeah drones between 1,500 and 2,500 rpm but other then that sound alright yeah will get another video later, but sounds alot better in person. camera just can't handle the sound. and the car still needs a tune since i got the exhaust just haven't got around to doing it yet.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Yeah the mic blows out because its too close.
Move about 5meters away and it will pic it up fine. The sound will be evident.

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer

MG's VH Wag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Exec
OK... here is a clip of my exhaust .... I'ts a redback 2.5in system with high flow cat and redback (there really wildcat) extractors....on a VR series 2...3.8ltr V6.
It roared for the first week .... but now it has bedded in to this sound. YouTube - 2.5in Redback exhaust system... with Wildcat extractors and high flow cat.

How much did that set you back mate? Sounds sweet, I want mine sounding like that in the top end but i want it to sound like a standard system down low. Is that possible?

FirstVR_JC

Reaction score
Members Ride
RALLIART Magna
How much did that set you back mate? Sounds sweet, I want mine sounding like that in the top end but i want it to sound like a standard system down low. Is that possible?

G'day mate... Yeah i am pretty happy with the sound of my exhaust for a V6:whistling.....
Redback Catback 2.5in straight through cost $550
Hi-Flow Catalyctic converter cost $450
Redback(wildcat part No WILD032) extractors cost $750

These are the prices for new parts .... quite expensive but i thought it was worth it.
With this set-up you should get a similar sound depending on your engine i guess. The Exhaust shop said that if i thought it was too loud come back and they would put a hotdog in it...... so you might want to whack a hotdog in their with this setup if you want it to sound standard down low:)
Hope this helps...

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
OK... here is a clip of my exhaust .... I'ts a redback 2.5in system with high flow cat and redback (there really wildcat) extractors....on a VR series 2...3.8ltr V6.
It roared for the first week .... but now it has bedded in to this sound. YouTube - 2.5in Redback exhaust system... with Wildcat extractors and high flow cat.

thank god for water proof cameras :p. & didnt anyone ever teach you not to revv a cold car like that ;)

probably one of the better sonding exhausts in the thread though mate.

FirstVR_JC

Reaction score
Members Ride
RALLIART Magna
thank god for water proof cameras :p. & didnt anyone ever teach you not to revv a cold car like that ;)

probably one of the better sonding exhausts in the thread though mate.

lol .... the camera aint waterproof:p..... engine wasnt that cold.... well, maybe a little ...... but the weather was hot:whistling....
I will never rev my car when it is cold again...;)
I am very happy with the exhaust sound with it being a V6 .... For the first 2 days or so after i got it done the wrx fella's were neck snapping on take off from the lights ..... but it bedded in to become much quieter after a week ....
I am looking forward to owning a V8 one day .... such a sweet sound:)

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
I miss the sound from my V6, its been off the road for 3 months now to get a full rebuild on my 4.2 stroker :(

Just listening to this is doing my head in :bang:
YouTube - Holden V6 4.2l Supercharged