Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Exhaust - Post here

Eliminator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maranello red Vn V8 Calais
i woudnt bother with the mandrel bent pipe on a stock commodore, you wont notice much if any fdifference at all i would just get a press bent 2.5 inch pipe with no muffler and a glass packed resonator.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
looking and being can sometimes be two completely different things tho.

I fitted them myself. Looked inside, and the catalysts all looked the same (v6 compared to v8)

I have had a few different types of cats on mine also, and the sound of all ceramic cats were the same.

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
Ok on my vs ecotec Ive already got pacemakers (not sure what size) and a 2.5 cat into a 2.5 catback with muffler and resi. All together they are good but i feel the factory y pipe is letting me down.

Is there a company that makes these for a straight fit up. Or would I have to go to the local exhaust place and get some pipes bent up. If thats the case what size should I be looking for and what would be a decent price for the pipes?

Eliminator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maranello red Vn V8 Calais
the collectors that came with your pacemakers will be sufficiant especially on a stock motor. i think it would be a waste of time and money for you tog o - wheres the difference in acceleration!!

Spend money elsewhere starting off with the exaust you already have, tune, corvette servo, cai and a FULL service including coolant flush, oil, every filter and if your really keen the engine sensors- not just the o2. I found on the older cars you get a bit more responisveness and slightly more go/economy with new sensors on an older efi commodore..

moogley

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs exec,vr calais
been a while since someones posted in here, just got this done its the hsv stainless steel system from a vx clubby but with no rear muffler also has the twin clubby cats and pacemaker extractors as i say towards the end

YouTube - DSCF0524

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
Thanks for the tip Eliminator. I was just thinking that the old y pipe isnt looking too good and looks like its been tacked back together a couple of times. The new one would be to replace that old pos mostly.

I was thinking of getting some new o2 sensors at least whiles its apart as we fix a head/manifold problem. As for the rest they should be ok for now.

moogley

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs exec,vr calais
cheers man its a 6 and has taken its fair share of 8s :p ,i bought the system off ebay second hand for 80 bucks and the pacemakers were 100 on ebay i was having a good day and it was 200 to get fitted and new tail pipes to suit the vs ,the rockers make it sound a lil lumpy iv got 1.98 to 1

OBR1EN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore
Looking at getting an exhaust for my VZ Alloytec am i better of with the single pipe systems from Perry or going with an X Force system twin 2 1/2 also i only have one centre muffler as opposed to the SV6 twin is it possible if goin with twin system to get extra hangers mounted?