Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v6 flywheel part numbers

vn90

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VR Berlina 1994 Manual
Hey guys just wanted to throw it out there does anyone know the part numbers for the v6 manual flywheels because I cannot get a straight answer anywhere. Im off to my first track event early next year in my much loved vr v6 94 berlina which I am about to do the manual conversion on over christmas and I had in the shed a flywheel that I bought off ebay with the part number 92061464 so I had that machined and its ready to go. Thing is a few years back I pulled this exact same part number off my old 92 vp executive and when I was speaking with the guys at mace engineering for the chip I happend to ask them about putting a vp flywheel onto a vr motor and they said dont do it they are of a different balance. So in a rush around I have spent all day on the phone trying to track down a vr flywheel and found a wrecker who has two of them both out of vr with the part number 92061464 he even said one was done recently and was a granny spec and that all the ones hes seen come from vr had that part number. I also asked the bloke on ebay who I got mine from who is also a wrecker and he said "going from the part number there mate shes from a vr" so I rang my local holden parts dealer and he said the part number for vr flywheels was 92061465 with no other number in his system. So to sum up I know my 92 vp series two had the 92061464 holden has said a definate 92061465 and Ive got a 92061464 machined ready to go into a 94 vr with a 6500 rev limiter which i plan on using (as im going to use grade 12 high tensile flywheel clutch and rod bolts) and no idea weather to just run it or spend the extra and get it mirror balanced before everyone knocks off for the year. My only guess is that the series 2vp ran the same flywheel as the vr series 1 and possibly they changed somthing in the series 2 vr requiring a difference balance hence the difference in part numbers. Has anyone out there ever used a 92061464 on series 2 vr with any success? Lets put this to bed for the sake of anyone who wants to convert there vp or vr and is at a loss for which part number isnt gonna send the flywheel into orbit. Cheers fellas any and all knowledge is greatly appreciated this site is awsome.

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Vr got beefier rods out of the supercharged version in the states so the balance is a bit different easiest to just get the balance matched to your old flexplate

vn90

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr got beefier rods out of the supercharged version in the states so the balance is a bit different easiest to just get the balance matched to your old flexplate
Thanks a thousand delco I found a bloke in sydney H&C balancing who said he could do it this monday for me would it still be a good idea to chuck arp rod bolts into it seeing as they have been factory upgraded? And do you believe in factory torque settings I have always gone 5mn above them thanks again man

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Dont fit arp rod bolts unless you are going to get the rods resized . Use the factory torque setting on the stock bolts or you just end up pulling the rods out of round they are ground round in the bigends at that torque any change in torque can change the shape.we have the stock bolts in a series 1 buick at stock torque making 500rwhp around 660hp at the crank

vn90

Reaction score
Members Ride
I too blotto to figure out how to post but have got some 12.9 grade shallow head socket flywheel bolts from a local high tensile bolt place which is what I wanted to run but just noticed the head of the bolt seems to be slightly smaller than the originals with less head surface for clamping to the flywheel so I'm wondering about running a washer of some kind to help it but don't know if i should would be right for clearance id say and iv found a shim that came of the auto flex plate would this be an idea to reuse as a shim to try get a bigger spread on it? will try to post a new thread tomorrow cheers for all your help you legend!!

VS S wasgetragnowt5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pak 5 speed
Ok, i need an answer here too! I have a VS Spak. Built 07/96 It was factory Getrag, but im convrrting to BWT5. So i have 2 location dowels on the rear of my crank, the flywheel that came with my T5 gearbox and clutch was supposed to be out of VS ute. Flywheel does not have holes to accommodate the alignment dowels ! flywheel part number shown in photo. From what I understand the dowels can be removed and replaced but do I actually need them given that I'm going to a single mass flywheel also do I need to have this flywheel mirror balanced to my old dual mass flywheel? Any input or help will be greatly appreciated

vn90

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate im nearly finished a t5 manual conversion on a vr berlina and I found dowel holes in the back of my crank too just used new fly bolts from Holden and no dowels and its sweet only problem I have is a cant for the life of me get the lvl 3 speedo going as there seems to be 2 purple and white wires on the plug above the ecu not one like all the how to's seems to show. back to yours I would advise going to a high tensile bolt place and getting 8.8 grade (or higher if you can get) flywheels bolts and loctite them to spec the vs manual I believe did come with a dowel but unless you doing track work (high rev stabs and dumps) she should be right. Im off for a set of 8.8 grades as my flywheel has vibration and needs to come off even though I did get it mirror balanced! the bloke didn't quite get it right so off she comes on the long weekend Im going to be dealing with NPC clutches in QLD for a new flywheel and send them my flexplate for balance highly recommend.. also any info on the berlina speedo would be awesome lol

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
When we got our flexplate balanced off our flywheel they balanced it with the plate round the wrong way so the weight was offset 20 odd degrees from where it needed to be shook bad we took it straight out and got it redone

vn90

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey delco would you be able to tell me how to wire up the speedo from t5 conversion in a 94 vr berlina? Apparently the signal goes ecu then bcm then speedo in the auto im honestly unsure but a lot of the info says on here you can bypass it all and run the signal wire from vss strait to speedo and she will work, problem is mines Berlina and different to all the info I can find, the pics I have found (complete vn-vr converion post) only show the plug above the ecu with one purple/white wire and mine has got two going into one pin and they are the only two puple/white on the plug lol Didnt touch it today as I had to sneak it past a pink slip (told me to fix im like yeh n worries lol) but im assuming that this plug above ecu is a dash loom plug and runs direct to speedometer but to be honest the more I search the more i dont know where to jack into lol im running the auto factory wiring and computer literally cut the auto plugs of it put a mace chip in it and shes going better than when I first got it just dont know where to jack the bloody signal from t5 into her to get a speed reading off the thing lol with the police out and about this time of year and with 2 points left on the old nsw license any advice will be much appreciated and will be going to the shed to test imeadiately cheers and happy new year!

Last edited:

VS S wasgetragnowt5

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pak 5 speed
It all went in (as well as could be expected, all things considering given that I'm moving house, so all my tools are split between here and my storage unit) wouldn't recommend it... Dowels came off 8 new 8.8 high tensile flywheel bolts went on with bolt shop brand Loctite crap tensioned up correctly. Only had slight drama fitting new cable clutch: almost become another victim of hurrying things and trying to work blind.. had to regain 15 ml of thread adjustment on outer housing. Mixd n match tail shaft components and it would appear that mocking it before disassembly has proved very worthy as strangely enough it's come out balanced. Cross member from Getrag attaches to T5 buts it's 60 mm further away from engine. Now fuel pump Gremlins I run it dry twice in the last three days!