Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Head Porting

tivoom

pimpin pizza wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Wagon
i did read in a ricer mag one day a few years back a mob in sydney was using extrude honeing its like tooth past but coarser and they force it down the ports im unsure of the name of the mob but he results where good from memory has any one heard of this

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
going back to my days of rebuilding heads for the collins class and the rigmarol that went with it, its very easy to do for commies a spring compression tests was like a beer bottle topper with a tensioning spring and dial. used a valve grinder to re do the valves, but sand blasted them first. and a preped stone do redo the old seats. pity they didnt think about it with the commie heads. the subs had removable valve seats and replaceable valve bores. but for 36 grand a head u would want those things

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
going back to my days of rebuilding heads for the collins class and the rigmarol that went with it, its very easy to do for commies a spring compression tests was like a beer bottle topper with a tensioning spring and dial. used a valve grinder to re do the valves, but sand blasted them first. and a preped stone do redo the old seats. pity they didnt think about it with the commie heads. the subs had removable valve seats and replaceable valve bores. but for 36 grand a head u would want those things

all alloy heads are like that and even some cast iron deisel are. We bore out and fit new sterlite seats to all 6/v6/v8 cast iron heads and most guides are fitted with liners or plus size valves. IF you want to take the time and effort for little gain you can bore out guides and insert new guides in there

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
yer the alco and english diesel are kind of the same but u cant machine navy sub heads sum spec they have

leigh 7005

Reaction score
Members Ride
vb sle
just wanted to add a few things.a mate of mine builds race engines and he told me that its not hard you just have to have alot of time on your hands and be good at mesuring also inlet ports dont polish them only the exhaust port and make sure they are crome in apperance as it stops chuncks of carbon building up and also match port your intake manifold by useing new gasket.and he also said that 253 and 308 are only so slow because of the heads and can give the heaps more grunt by a port job.