Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v6 in a kombi

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
i saw a Combi a few years back that had a 13B rotary on it. There used to be a guy in Sydney who made adaptors for just about anything!! i was going to put a 13B turbo into a Gemini at one stage :D

digger747

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore
i saw a Combi a few years back that had a 13B rotary on it. There used to be a guy in Sydney who made adaptors for just about anything!! i was going to put a 13B turbo into a Gemini at one stage :D

haha nice yeah i was saying to my mate how the hell is it going to fit and that and there using the crossmember out of the vs plus his dads mate is wleding some plates on the side of the crossmember so it fits in the space it needs to sit and hes mounting the radiator under the car somewhere

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
PHOTOS OF THE KOMBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

PIC-0013.jpg

PIC-0014.jpg

PIC-0015.jpg

PIC-0017.jpg

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
That should be awesome, but it's still only a 6 cylinder engine! I think i've got a kombi coming in which is still running its leaded motor, and i'll have to change it for another motor, just need to work out what one with the guy.

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
one question about that motor, has it been painted in silver paint? if it has it looks like all the pulleys have been sprayed, wont all the bearings get clogged up

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
one question about that motor, has it been painted in silver paint? if it has it looks like all the pulleys have been sprayed, wont all the bearings get clogged up
Doesn't look like it's been painted, looks to me like a new motor, maybe a crate motor! When they get used then they start to discolour and change.

davway

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK LS1 Statesman
Doesn't look like it's been painted, looks to me like a new motor, maybe a crate motor! When they get used then they start to discolour and change.

look a bit harder - its as plain as day.
its been painted silver along with everything else attached to it.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
look a bit harder - its as plain as day.
its been painted silver along with everything else attached to it.
Sorry, my monitor for my server automatically darkens everything that is displayed over the normal input. Just switched to HDMI becasue it doesn't get darkened, and i can see it now!
I can see someone's going to have fun working on that engine! :p