Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 non turbo power options?

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
Im with everyone else on this, iv spent way to much on my VN, rockers, 70mm, exhaust, suspension, manual conversion etc, an il never ever get that money back because the car is just not worth any real money these days.
Wish i realized that at the beginning but sometimes ya gotta learn the hard way.

At the end of the day tho i love my car, i built it they way i like it an i don't have any regrets about that but the money could have easily been saved an put towards something far nicer and far more powerful.

Ultimately its your decision..

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
At the end of the day tho i love my car, i built it they way i like it an i don't have any regrets about that

thats the main thing bro, but i get your angle

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Its def hard though to take peoples advice like this, you love your car and just want to do everything to it lol. i know exactly how you feel, you should just save and supercharge it when your off your p's.

You could do that. Or;
Listen to the people on here, we say these things for a reason. Most of us have been there done that. If you want to blow your money chasing bulk hp you can, or you can actually get it.

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
most people say this because they have been there, moment i could afford an LS1 i bought one and i never looked back

:flame::flame:

FYI: LS1's are ****.
Every single one I've come up against has gone crying home to mummy before I even got out of third gear. (and this car barely owes me $16k).
I'm sure there are some good examples out there - but of the 2 I've driven, they were both crap. Gutless, floaty, noisy boats. (And one of these was a 297 Maloo)

/2cents.

Let the kid mod his V6. If he can't spend coin on his VT & save up to buy a bigger/faster/stronger car over the 3 years (is it still 3years? maybe it's 4?) he has his P's then there is something dreadfully wrong.

:flame::flame:

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
I figured that. How come you deleted the power output of it out of your my rides in the top right in between this post and your last one?

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
because it looked stupid - your post just reminded me to do it.
It's 480rwhp if you were wondering. Limited by the size of my dump-pipe.

Edit: It was 480rwhp prior to the CAPA flashbox (XCAL-1) no longer recieving support/updates.
I don't have the funding to upgrade to an XCAL-3 and get it dyno tuned again.
Which sucks because I have a couple of new parts that can go on when it next gets tuned.