Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 non turbo power options?

Shannonvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore Exec
Hey guys. just bought a vt acclaim.

I need some help to get some decnt power out of the ecotec. plus i really want a nice exhaust. loud beefy. but not overly drony at high speed.

As far as power goes ive heard alot of things, from headers, to ducting, rockers, throttle bodies. all advice is welcome.

Exhaust ive heard plenty fo things about taking of reso's and hotdogs going in the centre. so any advice is needed. thanks guys.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
I need some help to get some decnt power out of the ecotec. plus i really want a nice exhaust. loud beefy.

before we get started, are you on your P plates?

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
exhaust intake and tune. any more then that is pushing **** up a hill.

decent power can be very very easily squeezed out of a LS1 so just bide your time and save your cash and buy an SS off your p plates.

trying to say this in the nicest way possible so not to upset the V6 boys

Last edited:

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais

Im one of these, but i have to agree with you, no matter how much money i throw at my engine a slightly tuned LS1 will leave me standing still :( to OP i would take DM's advice, trust me its **** waiting, but play your cards right and keep clean and you will be off your P's before you know it and will be enjoying more grunt from a bigger engine, save those pennies

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
i know i cant speak for you guys but id maybe look at selling your car and buying a 4 banger while you are on your P's (doesnt have to be entirely gay, just dont get a lanos) and then buying an LS1 on top of that, and just leave it in the shed and mod it. that way by the time you are off your P's you will already have your **** sorted.

I know this because i did it, albeit with a different car (I was forced into a 6 on my L's so i bought an EB XR6) and when i first drove my VX SS there was just no comparison, the accelation, top end everything, and its bone stock. with a intake exhaust and cam and tune you can push 400hp with an LS1, i think it would cost a fair bit of coin to get that out of an ecotec.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Just do the usual exhaust and intake thing and just leave it. Been there done that regretted it.

Shannonvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore Exec
Regretted y?

btw if i was go for a good exhaust system, something that sounds mad beefy. what should i get?
hypothetically if i wanted to get those power options likes rockers and what not. advantages and disadvantages?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Because at the end of the day it is only a family car and a 6 banger at that. You can spend thousands for what 20kw gain? Definitely not worth it.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
Because at the end of the day it is only a family car and a 6 banger at that. You can spend thousands for what 20kw gain? Definitely not worth it.

QFT.

the main disadvantages of buying rockers, manifold spacers etc. is that you will still get handed chop by an LS1, that money would be better spent else. V6's just wont stay anywhere close to an LS1.