Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 or V8???

[SIK-GMH]

Reaction score
Members Ride
1 Immac VN Commodore
hi my brother is turning 18 soon and cant decide weather to get a v6 or v8. if he gets a v8 it would more than likely be a vs calais which i think your able to drive on your P's if he buys a v6 it will be pritty much from vn to vs commodore,and also wanna know how much fuel the v8 will drink and is it worth it. cheers

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
If he can get his hands on a V8 VS Calais, you dont worry bout the price of fuel. At worst convert it to gas.

Personal Opinion, but dont bother with the VN. There a simple car, ugly as **** but they do go pretty hard. The VP commodores are decent, better than the VNs. Havnt driven one much (done a few ks in a VP S2 Berlina), its a very nice car and looks ok. VR VS are very similar (obviously not the engine) in their interior and features. I like the VR/VS look and feel. Depending what suspension package etc you get they sit on the road nicely. A real pleasure to drive.

Could always go a VT. My mate got a VT SS for $14k last year from a dealer. Booran i think. Maybe a bit out of the price range but if you can get a VT i would go for that. Ive read a few posts about the VT Super6 being slow. Dont know how they were driving it, maybe forgot to take the handbrake off :whistling .

Really comes down to personal preferance. I like a commodore thats been taken care of, some nice rims exhaust etc. Nothing toooo over the top though.

S

sikvs

VT super6's are slow for what they are. VS V6s will always womp VT V6s because of the massive weight difference, although i must admit in terms of interior luxury and styling the VT is a big step upwards.

vsv8berlinawag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II 5 ltr Berlina Wagon
Just can't beat the exhaust note of a V8 ! Around town I get an approx 16l/100km so they can be a bit on the $$$'s.