Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Peformance Parts

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Installed your manifold insulator last night, and will get onto you sometime soon about a plenum spacer. The fact that I'm going back for more should speak enough about the results so far...

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
How come? I ask because it's one of the best bolt on mods around for the ecotec and is quite easy to install as mentioned acarmody
I've had previous issues removing fuel rails and injectors, So it's the most uncomfortable for me. I'm also touch and go on the RR's but i will give them a go.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
What issues, someone may know an easier/simpler way?

MACE

Reaction score
Installed your manifold insulator last night, and will get onto you sometime soon about a plenum spacer. The fact that I'm going back for more should speak enough about the results so far...

Glad to hear you happy with they results of the insulator :D

MACE

Reaction score
I've had previous issues removing fuel rails and injectors, So it's the most uncomfortable for me. I'm also touch and go on the RR's but i will give them a go.

Fair call. Just like me in a way as I've vowed never to take off a inlet manifold on a Ford BOSS engine again LOL!

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Fair call. Just like me in a way as I've vowed never to take off a inlet manifold on a Ford BOSS engine again LOL!

People still mod those boat anchors?? :rofl2:

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
What issues, someone may know an easier/simpler way?
I am a little uneasy with the built up fuel pressure, Unless ecotecs are different ?. With my old buick V6 I had a massive spray of fuel all over the place, And i thought it was going to catch fire. It's really turned me off touching fuel systems.

:D, That whole motor scares me. I am sure an oil change would be hard with the Boss.

When the time comes and i start installing the parts, You never know i could build up the courage to give it a go:D.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I am a little uneasy with the built up fuel pressure, Unless ecotecs are different ?. With my old buick V6 I had a massive spray of fuel all over the place, And i thought it was going to catch fire. It's really turned me off touching fuel systems..

well, that is simple to fix. first locate the the fuel pump relay and remove it. then crank the motor and start the car. it should splutter and die fairly quick (because all the fuel pressure in the rails has gone). once the engine dies, crank it for a few seconds to ensure that any remaining fuel pressure is gone. then removing the fuel lines is a safe and simple task. there will still be some fuel in the lines but it won't be pressurised to cause you any troubles.

on the VS you need a plastic piece to release the flex fuel line from the hard line. you can get the bit from your local supercrap store. fairly easy from that point onwards.

any problems mate, post em up and i'l be more then happy to help you anyway i can

whilst your at supercrap, grap some engine degreaser. then before you pull the upper manifold off degrease and clean around the injector boss's so that when you do remove em there is no dirt buildup. just makes things easier when it's nice and clean. also raid the missus medicine cabinet for some petroleum jelly, it's the best stuff for lubing the injector 'O' rings when putting the manifold back on :D

Last edited:

VS_WPN

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Guys you don't need to unplug the fuel rail. just put it to the side.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Guys you don't need to unplug the fuel rail. just put it to the side.

.....................Dammit!!! That would of saved time last time I removed the plenum chamber.