Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Peformance Parts

VS_WPN

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Hey guys check out there website MACE ENGINEERING GROUP for more information and give them a call If you want to find out more about there products:w00t:

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
hi,

what sort of gains would i expect from a set of 1.9:1 rockers and a 25mm plenum spacer (or the manifold spacer) on a vt v6?
would i need new valve springs? vt has 230k on the clock so i guess they'd be getting a bit tired? thinking of a RAPTOR kit in the future also!

thanks,
zac

Last edited:

holdenrocks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
hey mace, i could like to know how much will cost for twin throttle on vr v6?i might keen interest... thanks

MACE

Reaction score
Mace,

Thanks for the info and quick reply, will get back to you on that one =)

Cheers

No probs ;)

hey mace.
i am thinking of getting roller rockers and a cam
and seen 1.9 rollers on ebay but said they are not good if you are upgrading ur cam.
wat size do u recommend if getting a cam?
or does it vary on what cam it is youre getting?
cheers

sl33per

oh n how much for the ones u recommend??

We can now supply new billet cams to suit higher ratio rockers. all you need to tell is what you want out of you car (eg daily, street/strip machine etc) and we'll be able to advise a cam accordingly :) The price for the cam is $550

hey mate i was interested in getting a price for the Alloytec v6 manifold insulatior plates, and where can i buy them from??
also a price on a air box and lid for the vz. cheers

The price for the manifold insulator kit at the moment is $130 and you can buy them direct from us. Our cold air intake to suit the VZ is $270

their heads package?? =S
what do u mean? have they got a date on releasing some sort of package? do u have an idea of what is in it or have i missed something and is already on here somewhere?

ah k, i thought when they said 1.9/98 is no good, i was thinking id need smaller, but bigger than 1.65
cheers

sl33per

2.25:1 ratio rockers with ported cylinder heads. If all goes well the will be on the market within 1 - 2 months.

The 1.9/1.98 are fine just giving more people options ;)

Pretty sure youve mentioned this a couple of times. Is there a place where you get the info or where someone like myself who is interested could get some more info on this head package?

lol.... Mace are the ones who are doing this heads and rockers package, thats why it is being discussed in here. They are the best ones to ask.

Mace, can you add some info about them for us ?

More info about this product will flow through over the coming weeks. Will start up a new thread ;)

Hey guys check out there website MACE ENGINEERING GROUP for more information and give them a call If you want to find out more about there products

That's a good site lol :yeah:

MACE

Reaction score
hi,

what sort of gains would i expect from a set of 1.9:1 rockers and a 25mm plenum spacer (or the manifold spacer) on a vt v6?
would i need new valve springs? vt has 230k on the clock so i guess they'd be getting a bit tired? thinking of a RAPTOR kit in the future also!

thanks,
zac

The 1.9:1 ratio rockers will give you around 10-13kw at the rears, while a 25mm manifold insulator will increase low down torque by around 13% and increase top end power by 1-2 kws. Though the top end power isn't all that great the increase in bottom end torque is with customers shaving around .2-.3+ of their quarter mile time. Unlikle that you'll need valve springs (if your running boost that might be a different story). If you do however we can supply a set of crow springs for $175.

MACE

Reaction score
hey mace, i could like to know how much will cost for twin throttle on vr v6?i might keen interest... thanks

We don't have any more in stock, and we most likely won't be making any more :(

I hope this answers everyones questions for the night :D If you have any more please feel free to ask :thumbsup:

Cheers
Steve

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Steve, the new camshafts, you mentioned, up to which ratio rocker can they run ? Say for Daily and street profile ?

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
just wondering how much for a CNC PRECISION PORTED THROTTLE BODY & MASS AIRFLOW METER for a vx v6? ive already got CAI, k&n filter & FIT 1.9 roller rockers

VS_WPN

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Steve, the new camshafts, you mentioned, up to which ratio rocker can they run ? Say for Daily and street profile ?

Hi vxcalais_01, Mace has cam's to suite 1.6 rocker ratio's to 2.25 :D

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
So even the rockers 2.25, heads, cam for 2.25, what type of combination/characteristics power wise and streetability do they make ?

Many people previously used to argue no performance cams to be run with anything above 1.8. But this does not seem to be the case, when asking many different cam makers. At the end of they day there can be issues, but it seems Mace may be addressing them in the heads they may be coming out with/testing etc ???