Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Peformance Parts

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
hey guys just put me twin throttle bodys on

17931_357876061000_520541000_513124.jpg

worth the $1000 it cost me to put on there, had to get it cut and shut on my vr valley cover as it was off a vn s1 valley cover, alot more grunt thats for sure, and im getting vt supercharger injectors to match and a tune from some one not sure yet :D

vs s-pack

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s-pack ll
hey mace iv got a vs s-pack and i just got hole heap of parts off you guys and there all fitted i got plenum spacers and manifold insulators thotle body and a crow cam and 3.9 diff gears iv got a full exhaust sytem a pacemaker exrators and i got a tune as well. i pulled 153rwkw just wondering if there was anything els i can do with out a turbo set up.

cheers kieran ....

FRDKLR

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s1
comp cams

hi there.
i want to put comp cams stage 3 in my vy v6 ecotec all ive done to it is a cold air intake system (growler kit) and 2.5 exhaust system. what do u recommand upgrading my pushrods to? and should i upgrade anything else? cheers

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
hi there.
i want to put comp cams stage 3 in my vy v6 ecotec all ive done to it is a cold air intake system (growler kit) and 2.5 exhaust system. what do u recommand upgrading my pushrods to? and should i upgrade anything else? cheers

Wouldn't worry to much about pushrods, but valve springs will need changing. And when you have 2.5" exhaust, does that include extractors?

VY03

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Acclaim
hi there.

Stage 3 Cam Specs

• 224°/224° at .050"

• Intake Lift .335" (.536" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)

• Exhaust Lift .335" (.536" lift at 1.6:1 rocker ratio)

• 113 LSA

You will need to get it retuned to suit it anyway and yes valve springs would need changing because of the high lift ratio the cam makes

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
hey mace iv got a vs s-pack and i just got hole heap of parts off you guys and there all fitted i got plenum spacers and manifold insulators thotle body and a crow cam and 3.9 diff gears iv got a full exhaust sytem a pacemaker exrators and i got a tune as well. i pulled 153rwkw just wondering if there was anything els i can do with out a turbo set up.

cheers kieran ....

theres a couple of things really you can do, for about $200-250 you can get it bored out, acl race piston set and rings are about $700-$900 varies (thats with graphite gaskets or something along those lines) and what stage cam did you get? also a set of roller rockers will help too, apart from that not really much.

MACE

Reaction score

cheers kieran ....

Hey Kieran,

Did Jason Clark Automotive do the work recently? If so then I have a fair idea on the mods. In which case, depending on exactly the cam specs and springs used you might be able to get away with bolting on a set of 1.8:1 ratio rockers which we can supply you for additional power :)

hi there.

FRDKLR, as acarmody and VY03 these are some of the things that are required for the job