Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Peformance Parts

Discussion in 'Mace Engineering' started by MACE, Mar 30, 2009.

1. EYY

EYY Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VS Statesman
    Think they kinda missed the question, but no you won't.

losh1971 likes this.
  2. losh1971

losh1971 Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Hey Mace, will i need a torque wrench to fit my new rockers? I have a ft pound one. I just need to figure out what i need to bring into Town if i am not home when I fit them. I keep a spanner and socket set in Town but not much else. Also will i need any GM thread sealant to lock the bolts?

3. EYY

EYY Well-Known Member

Members Ride:
    VS Statesman
    Do they come with new bolts or are you reusing old ones? Original ones are torque to yeild (or torque to angle depending on who you speak to). Wouldn't do any harm using a little blue loctite on them, although if they're tensioned adequately you won't have an issue. GM sealant is used where bolts go through to water and can require re-tensioning.

I'd just use generic torque specs for whatever the thread size is (assuming 5/16 UNC or similar?). Always good to use a torque wrench as the cast iron heads are quite soft. Easier to pull threads out of cast iron that most people realise.

losh1971 likes this.
  4. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    I believe the kit comes with new bolts. I will pack the torque wrench and a 3/8 adapter, socket set is 3/8.

5. losh1971

Members Ride:
    VR Ute V6
    Hi Mace, i currently have Mace CAI, Mace memcal and Pacies. As you know i have HR rockers on their way. Do you offer anything else for the L27 or can you recommend anything else as a decent upgrade? Trans currently has a reamed VB, and larger boost valve. I have a Vette servo but need to slip out the trans to fit it, so may or may not happen this year, since trans is in good condition. Bored VB would be good but you have no stock and you may not build them anymore by the sounds of it.