Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Peformance Parts

MACE

Reaction score
yea i was unsure on the shape but its ok, i dont see them very often, is there any way i can get them to whistle as my mates cheap shitty one does, some people have said to put a peace of metal in there? please ideas

As for getting the induction setup to whistle i couldn't help you but I wouldn't recommend putting a piece of metal inside the intake pipe for it to do that.

hey mate, dunno if this has been covered but how much for a 'CNC PRECISION PORTED THROTTLE BODY'

Our throttle bodies are available off our site for $220

BORED OUT AND POLISHED 69MM THROTTLE BODY! For Holden VS-VY - MACE ENGINEERING GROUP

Cheers
Steve :)

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
ok no worries cheers any way

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
hey mace, where are these 1.9.1 rockers? they in yet?

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
Not yet, still waiting on the pushrods :(

Good news though is that by the time we get the rods made we'll have plenty of rockers in stock :)

is it true that the 1.9 ratio rockers are just modified ls1 rockers been cut and welded? what brand are these? because yella terra do not make them, they experimented with them years ago but threw it out the window, well these are the facts ive been told by yella terra, he told me to keep away from the 1.9 as they are not reliable, this being said is it true mace? what brand are these rockers and please explaine if true about the modified rockers

MACE

Reaction score
Hi peckzz,

In regards to your questions/statements, our Buick V6 rockers are based off factory LS1 rockers, which are reworked accordingly, like our ecotec rockers. As a result they’re the lightest rocker for this type of engine on the market. They also offer more lift per given ratio then any other rocker on the market meaning more HP then any other rocker on the market.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-ratio-rockers-suit-buick-non-ecotec-v6s.html

Much like our ecotec rockers, we’ll be selling these with a lifetime warranty, provided the spring stiffness is kept below 450lb which is plenty for a V6. The factory LS1 rockers have performed flawlessly in LS1, it’s only when people have exceeded the 450lb which the bearings can fail. However COMP cams sell upgraded bearing for these rockers, which have performed flawlessly in extreme race conditions.

COMP Cams

In regards to reliability though, you don’t need to take our or yella terra’s word for it (any manufacturer for that matter), as there’s plenty of info on the net about these rockers, from people who’ve used them as they’ve been on the market for over 10 years now.

We certainly encourage all enthusiasts to do their homework and ask questions to ensure that they get a product they’re after that best suit their needs :)

Cheers
Steve

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
is it true that the 1.9 ratio rockers are just modified ls1 rockers been cut and welded? what brand are these? because yella terra do not make them, they experimented with them years ago but threw it out the window, well these are the facts ive been told by yella terra, he told me to keep away from the 1.9 as they are not reliable, this being said is it true mace? what brand are these rockers and please explaine if true about the modified rockers

Who told you this ? I run Yella Terra 1.95rr rockers for 4 years now. It just so happens if you talk to yella terra, the 1.95's that fit on the Ecotec where made for the LS1 engine, and just so happened to work for the Ecotecs. Talk to Micky D on the Yella Terra thread. The higher you do, i assume the more unreliable it will become. On the other hand, i have only seen 1.8 ratio rockers from Yella Terra for the Buicks.

As Mace say, thousands of people are running these upgraded rockers. If you worried about them breaking, Comp Cams make a rocker with a repair warranty. Magnums i think they are.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
On the other hand, i have only seen 1.8 ratio rockers from Yella Terra for the Buicks.

i think the reason nobody has offered higher then 1.8 ratio rockers for the buicks is because if you fit 1.9's on a S1 VN you get .518" valve lift which is right on the limit of stock heads which they say can go to .520" lift before you get into issues with the valve stem seals. even the ecotecs with 1.98 ratio rockers only lift to .511"

increasing the rocker ratio increases the load through the pushrod and hydraulic lifter

peckzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr series 2 v6
Who told you this ? I run Yella Terra 1.95rr rockers for 4 years now. It just so happens if you talk to yella terra, the 1.95's that fit on the Ecotec where made for the LS1 engine, and just so happened to work for the Ecotecs. Talk to Micky D on the Yella Terra thread. The higher you do, i assume the more unreliable it will become. On the other hand, i have only seen 1.8 ratio rockers from Yella Terra for the Buicks.

As Mace say, thousands of people are running these upgraded rockers. If you worried about them breaking, Comp Cams make a rocker with a repair warranty. Magnums i think they are.

what do you mean who told you this? who told me wat? and this was from a performance place i know
i am purely talking about buick, i know they make ecotec ones, but i am talking buick, yella terra dont make them for buicks, and yes they are ls1 rockers been cut and welded to suit buicks, im not sure about the ecotec though

ok a change that actually
mace comment above
Hi peckzz,

In regards to your questions/statements, our Buick V6 rockers are based off factory LS1 rockers, which are reworked accordingly, like our ecotec rockers

so for both ecotec and buick they are cut and welded (reworked accordingly), they are made for the ls1 motor, but do not just happen to fit, if they just happened to fit why would they need to be "reworked accordingly"

thanks rowan

edit * im definatly buying a set of these as i have spare heads if worst comes to worst lol

Last edited: