Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Peformance Parts

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Thanks @EYY might as well forget it then. Yeah x2 on the dyno. I already have the Mace memcal tuned for what i have already fitted plus the rockers. Definitely not worth the 800 -1000 bucks to throw it on the dyno for a tune, unless i went cam or FI. I do plan to throw it on the dyno for a run which IIRC was $100 or $150. I'm only doing that to see what the results are with the upgrades. I wish i had a fully stock VR to compare it with but I didn't really have the spare coin way back when i started changing things. Torque i know has improved as i can feel that pulling the work trailer. It has heaps more pulling power with the trailer than it used to.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Don't spose it's safe to drive with only one bank done and the other side stock. I have run out of light and now it is raining. Took me over 2hrs to do the drivers side. It's not a quick job like it's alluded too.

DanielJ.NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 3.6v6 manual
Hi Mace I recently got a memcal chip for a vy manual l27 but is an l67 is there anyway i can still utilise the chip easily with ecu swap or something or am I basically just a cabbage for getting that one haha

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You need to send it back and have them swap it as it will be no use to you.

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your enquiry.

"I recently got a memcal chip for a vy manual l27 but is an l67 is there anyway i can still utilise the chip easily with ecu swap or something or am I basically just a cabbage for getting that one haha"
Please accept our sincere apology for the delay in getting back to you. Did you purchase the chip from us? If yes can you please let us know the order number or name/email address you used in your order. I am asking this because the VY Ecotec PCM doesn't have an option of the removable chip, you would have to change the entire PCM. The chip you have unless it is calibrated to suit the VY L67 it wouldn't work with the L67 PCM.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Michael

CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM
MACE ENGINEERING GROUP
1300 GO MACE (1300 466 223)
[email protected]
www.maceengineering.com.au

Facebook Twitter

Ven

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 Holden vr commodore
Does anyone please have a engine fault code list for a 1994 vr commodore I can’t find one anywhere ... thank you

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Ven,
I hope all is well on your end :)
Here is the list of VR fault codes.
12 System Pass
13 Oxygen Sensor (Open)
14 Coolant Temperature Sensor Circuit (Voltage Low)
15 Coolant Temperature Sensor Circuit (Voltage High)
16 Coolant Temperature Sensor (Voltage Unstable)
17 ECU Processor Failure (Coolant Sensor circuit)
19 Throttle Position Sensor
21 Throttle Position Sensor Circuit (Voltage High)
22 Throttle Position Sensor Circuit (Voltage Low)
23 MAT Sensor Circuit (voltage High)
24 Vehicle Speed Sensor
25 MAT Sensor Circuit (voltage Low)
26 MAT Sensor (Voltage Unstable)
33 MAP Sensor Circuit (voltage High)
34 MAP Sensor Circuit (voltage Low)
35 IAC Valve
36 Vacuum Leak
41 Electronic Spart Timing (EST) Circuit
42 By Pass Circuit Fault
43 Knock Sensor circuit
44 Oxygen Sensor Circuit (lean)
45 Oxygen Sensor Circuit (rich)
46 Crank angle Sensor
47 (A/T) Crankshaft Reference Signal Missing
48 (A/T) Camshaft Position Signal Missing
49 (A/T) Camshaft or Crankshaft Position Signal Intermittent
51 Memcal Error
54 System Voltage Unstable
55 ECU Error (Analogue to Digital Conversion)
56 Running Lean under Load
57 (A/T) Injector Voltage Fault

Kind regards,
Michael

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hey Michael, have the ute engine all sorted with the new rockers. Turns out the chain and timing gears had seen better days and was making a terrible rattle after I installed the new parts. However now the chain and gears have been replaced the ute goes like a bastard, especially if you nail it. Was going ok with the new rockers except the rattle. But fixing the chain and having the Mace rockers, the difference was night and day.
I want to go shift kit and 3.45s but is there anything else I can upgrade, without going cam or FI?
I already have Pacies, Mace CAI and Mace Memcal and V8 TB.

MACE

Reaction score
Hi losh1971,

"have the ute engine all sorted with the new rockers. Turns out the chain and timing gears had seen better days and was making a terrible rattle after I installed the new parts. However now the chain and gears have been replaced the ute goes like a bastard, especially if you nail it. Was going ok with the new rockers except the rattle. But fixing the chain and having the Mace rockers, the difference was night and day. I want to go shift kit and 3.45s but is there anything else I can upgrade, without going cam or FI? I already have Pacies, Mace CAI and Mace Memcal and V8 TB."Thank you for letting us know and we are sorry for all the troubles you faced. It's good to hear that they are working fine now. To give you an idea of the parts we sell for Buick motor, please refer to the link shown below.

https://www.maceengineering.com.au/...ViewAction=View&ObjectID=24418025&PageSize=30

Kind regards,
Michael

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hi Steve,

Do I see correct that you are no longer doing W2A intercooler plates/kits for the L67?