Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Peformance Parts

MACE

Reaction score
HIGH RATIO ROLLER ROCKERS

High ratio (1.9:1) & ultra high ratio (1.98:1) roller rockers (stock ratio is 1.65:1) to suit EcoTec V6’s in both naturally aspirated and supercharged form (L36 and L67 engines). A very cost effective way to bump up the performance of your late model Commodore, by increasing valve lift thereby allowing your engine to breathe much more efficiently.

SL372799_small_mace_xsml.jpg
Rockers198_xsml.jpg
Twinthrottlepic_small_mace_xsml.jpg

COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATORS

Manifold insulators are a thermal insulating spacer that mounts between your upper and lower intake manifold. Made from a heat blocking composite, our manifold insulators will increase power from your engine by keeping the intake cooler, and increase low end torque by increasing runner length. Available in both 12mm & 25mm thicknesses for the ecotec & 12mm for the alloytec. Increases low end power by at least 10%!

THICK_MANIFINSUL_ECO_xSML.jpg
MANIF_INSUL_ECO_001_xsml.jpg

ATEC_MI_xsml_001.jpg
ATEC_MI_xsml_003.jpg
ATEC_MI_xsml_002.jpg

CNC PRECISION PORTED THROTTLE BODY

CNC precision ported throttle body is enlarged to a final diameter of 70mm for VN-VR V6 & to a final diameter of 69mm for VS-VY, increasing maximum airflow by over 30%. Backed up by testing, gains of around 10 HP at the rear wheels are to be had if used in conjunction with extractors/exhaust and cold air intake. A greater power gain can be achieved if more mods have been undertaken such as a larger cam, supercharger etc…

eco_tb_xsml.jpg
NONECO_TB_xsml.jpg

MASS AIRFLOW METERS

Installing a large MAF is a very cost effective way to bump up the performance of your late model commodore by significantly increasing air flow through the intake. Available in both 74mm and 85mm.

MAF_01_xsml.jpg
MAF_04_MED_xsml.jpg
MAF_02_RAW_xsml_.jpg

PERFORMANCE PLENUM SPACER

A Plenum spacer is a special spacer that sits between your plenum cover and intake manifold. It's main purpose is to improve air distribution between cylinders by slowing down the air speed inside the plenum chamber. As a result there is less of a pressure drop inside the plenum chamber between cylinders, and less air momentum, resulting in better air distribution and power. Available in both 12mm & 25mm thickness.

P1010443_xsml.jpg
P1010424_xsml.jpg

COLD AIR INTAKE ENCLOSURES

New generation cold air intake/boxes to suit Commodores VB-VZ and Statesmans from VN-VZ, which are a direct bolt on drop-in replacement for your existing air box assembly. The kits include an all new air box, airflow meter safe pod filter, along with mounting hardware required for complete installation.

CAI_VBVL_xsml_.jpg
CAI_VNVP_V6_xsml_.jpg
CAI_VRVS_V6_xsml.jpg

CAI_VTVY_xsml_.jpg
CAI_ATEC_001_xsml_L_.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Hi steve, do you have anything for the buick V6 engines?

Col74

Col74
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S2 V6
HI there, I did a quick search but couldn't find an answer to this question.
i'm running LPG Gas research carb set-up (yeah,yeah, BBQ etc) on an ecotec, pacey extractors + 2.5 exhaust and cold air intake. Just noticed on this forum that Mace produce a 12mm plennum insulator and a 25mm insulator. My question is what advantage is 25mm over 12mm? Extra tourque low down?

MACE

Reaction score
HI there, I did a quick search but couldn't find an answer to this question.
i'm running LPG Gas research carb set-up (yeah,yeah, BBQ etc) on an ecotec, pacey extractors + 2.5 exhaust and cold air intake. Just noticed on this forum that Mace produce a 12mm plennum insulator and a 25mm insulator. My question is what advantage is 25mm over 12mm? Extra tourque low down?

Hey Col74,

The 12mm manifold insulator give around 10% increase in low down torque, while the 25mm item give around 13% increase over a broader range.

Cheers
Steve

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
hey steve just wondering with that cai for the vs that replaces the orginal air box, what type of gains are we looking at? just curious as i was thinking of getting one, cars a vs series 2 acclaim v6

Thanks, Shane

MACE

Reaction score
hey steve just wondering with that cai for the vs that replaces the orginal air box, what type of gains are we looking at? just curious as i was thinking of getting one, cars a vs series 2 acclaim v6

Thanks, Shane

Hey Shane,

In regards to gains you'd be looking at around the 5kw at the wheels mark+

Cheers
Steve

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
alright no worries thanks for that steve, gimme bout 2 weeks and ill order one off ya :), to get one i just do a buy it now off ebay? btw ill prob come pick it up

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
hey steve, welcome to the forums,

onto an area that hasnt been explored much yet, what happening in the way of alloytec modifications?

i know you have the manifold spacers, but is there anything else on the design wall at the moment?

cheers
Andrew

MACE

Reaction score
alright no worries thanks for that steve, gimme bout 2 weeks and ill order one off ya :), to get one i just do a buy it now off ebay? btw ill prob come pick it up

No a worry. In regards to purchasing the product we're easy ;)