Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Peformance Parts

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
bring back the buick manifold :(hell, id even settle for a high flow single t/b manifold :p . we need more in the way of buick parts!

Col74

Col74
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S2 V6
HI Steve,
Just wondering (i think i noticed correctly) why the heat insulators between the plennum and manifold are made from bakelite and not a thermal resistive plastic? Or would it get too hot for the plastic? Bakelite just seems too old school ;o).

MACE

Reaction score
I'm kind of funny. I like to be able to drive around normal cruise everyday thing. But when i want to go overtake or off the mark up to 100 i want a good throw back in the seat feeling. Maybe some 1/4 runs here and there also. But not killing all low down take off power in the process:).
I have read some guys with cams who hate driving them around normal, They say they are like pigs. That is something i would love to avoid, But still get as much as i can out of it. I had the idea of roller rockers for some cheap get up and go, And i also like your insulation products, Been looking at them on ebay.

We'll I would probably suggest our higher ratio rockers as bang for buck they can't be beat ;) No only this but they are the best option available if you still want to maintain factory driveability. And the good thing is that we know offer a cam to suit these higher ratio rockers so if you wanted even more power later on down the track you can, whilst still keeping your higher rockers :)

bring back the buick manifold hell, id even settle for a high flow single t/b manifold :p . we need more in the way of buick parts!

The problem with the twins is that they were expensive to make, and that people weren't willing to pay what we though was a fair price to justify continuing to make them :( In saying this though we may have something in the pipe line :D

HI Steve,
Just wondering (i think i noticed correctly) why the heat insulators between the plennum and manifold are made from bakelite and not a thermal resistive plastic? Or would it get too hot for the plastic? Bakelite just seems too old school ;o).

The material in which they are made out of is a thermal composite material, which is highly resistant to temps given it's material properties.

The term composite going the description of wiki is

"Composite materials (or composites for short) are engineered materials made from two or more constituent materials with significantly different physical or chemical properties which remain separate and distinct on a macroscopic level within the finished structure."

We've gone a composite as it gives us excellent material properties given our requirements instead of over a straight plastic :)

holdenrocks

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Commodore
hey mace
what the price for twin throttle mainfold on buick?? as u cant make them anymore ?? will be interesting to know for everyone?? they look so good.

cheers

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
We'll I would probably suggest our higher ratio rockers as bang for buck they can't be beat ;) No only this but they are the best option available if you still want to maintain factory driveability. And the good thing is that we know offer a cam to suit these higher ratio rockers so if you wanted even more power later on down the track you can, whilst still keeping your higher rockers :)
I should have come to you guys last year. I had a bit of money away just sitting around. I was going to buy some YT RR. Spoke to the guy and all i think he went away for Xmas. I couldn't get in contact with him after that. So there it sat little by little i removed it and ended up going away to Phillip island with friends and blew the lot:bang:.
Yes i like the idea of RR and Cam later. I have always had a figure in mind of about 200kw. Would i be able to reach this easy enough - even without exhaust and exstracters ?.

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
I should have come to you guys last year. I had a bit of money away just sitting around. I was going to buy some YT RR. Spoke to the guy and all i think he went away for Xmas. I couldn't get in contact with him after that. So there it sat little by little i removed it and ended up going away to Phillip island with friends and blew the lot:bang:.
Yes i like the idea of RR and Cam later. I have always had a figure in mind of about 200kw. Would i be able to reach this easy enough - even without exhaust and exstracters ?.

no, not easily, youll need extractors and an exhaust system to get decent gains from a cam and rockers.

MACE

Reaction score
hey mace
what the price for twin throttle mainfold on buick?? as u cant make them anymore ?? will be interesting to know for everyone?? they look so good.

cheers

If were to be making them again we would probably be looking at around the $1500, including twin 70mm throttle bodies

hey mace,

with your 1.9:1 rockers, are they worth getting with N/A or are they only suited to forced induction?

The 1.9:1 and 1.98:1 rockers work like a champ on N/A cars :)

I should have come to you guys last year. I had a bit of money away just sitting around. I was going to buy some YT RR. Spoke to the guy and all i think he went away for Xmas. I couldn't get in contact with him after that. So there it sat little by little i removed it and ended up going away to Phillip island with friends and blew the lot.

That figure is doable, however you will need extractors and exhaust if you want that figure. Bang for buck though you can beat a set of rockers ;)

no, not easily, youll need extractors and an exhaust system to get decent gains from a cam and rockers.

You're correct in saying this however things like the rockers work surprisingly well on even a dead standard car. Another bang for buck mod would be a cat back exhaust system :)

Col74

Col74
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S2 V6
With your plennum insulators, you have quoted 10% increase in power for the 12mm one and 13% for the 25mm one. 25mm is 2 times (approx) thicker than the 12mm one but with only 3% increase in power (over a broader range). I don't know much about runner lenghts but would i be right in thinking that 25mm is about the optimal thickness for optimal power gains and any longer power figures would start to go backwards? Just thinking about some cars with Tunnel rams.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Forsure i will be adding them at some stage, Only i don't want to go exhaust and all first, Much rather try it from inside out:D.
That figure is doable, however you will need extractors and exhaust if you want that figure. Bang for buck though you can beat a set of rockers ;)
I have always had the figure in my head 200:D. If i go RR and Cam i will go headers and system. Is there anything else the engine might need to strengthen it up at all ?, Or will it be fine with cam and RR running.
Thanks again for your time.