Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

,v6 power up grade

Vince Warne

Reaction score
Members Ride
H.b.d vy ute.commodore
Hi all. Has anyone fitted mace 1.9.1rockers to there v6 vy .there is supposed to be an increase of 16+kW I have a sports exhaust eg high flow cats luky sports muffler. And I have no notable power increase. I'm sure I would notice 16+kW.some feed back would be nice.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Hi all. Has anyone fitted mace 1.9.1rockers to there v6 vy .there is supposed to be an increase of 16+kW I have a sports exhaust eg high flow cats luky sports muffler. And I have no notable power increase. I'm sure I would notice 16+kW.some feed back would be nice.

Those figures are more likely with a custom tune

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I fitted some of those high ratio rockers to my old Ecotec and yes the difference is noticeable but as above would be better with a tune to complement ur exhaust etc as well, just a cat back exhaust isn't gonna make much difference u really want a set of pacemaker extractors to go with it

H

harrop.senator

Can have a top end supercharger conversion for pretty much the same price... Just saying.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I fitted some of those high ratio rockers to my old Ecotec and yes the difference is noticeable but as above would be better with a tune to complement ur exhaust etc as well, just a cat back exhaust isn't gonna make much difference u really want a set of pacemaker extractors to go with it

I noticed a difference too , when I fitted them to my VX , but I had a few other bits as well .