Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 scene? much happening?

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Think I may have entered moo mang scene now haha

Just bought vp t5 ute already thinking rear mount turbo where spare wheel sits & rear muffler was already broken off...

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Jasg just turbo your built one will make serious power .use a nice tuned length manifold set and a large rear housing to still let the exhaust heat out will be a weapon

Jas.G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 4.3litre
Heha delcowizard, i trust the engine will handle it with what Hp i'd love to make but i don't know the trans an diff will...... Just have afew goals i want to achive still with a NA v6

Jas.G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 4.3litre
Looks like prity impressive Hp out of that burnout car.... would be ashame not to see down the track

na3point8

Reaction score
Hey Jas,

My turbo motor may take a while to come together, i just happen to come across a nice v6 solid cam on gumtree, i'm thinking i'll slot that in with some thinner headgaskets (11:1) and see what she'll do. It's a custom grind 240/246 @ 50, 600lift ( 1.65 rockers) 108lsa. Adv durations are a snappy 280/286. Should go over 285rwhp and be a bit of fun for the winter, hopefully get another n/a v6 into the 12's.

Jas.G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 4.3litre
Nice Dan
Will be interesting to hear how it sound an go's.... What way have you gone with lifters for the solid roller?
Sooo would be cool to see another Na v6 into the 12's. Never no why there isn't more, just need to biuld these engines correctly to make them work

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
To many people keep spamming V6 threads with "just get a V8" and "it's not value for money"......

na3point8

Reaction score
Not 100% on lifters yet Jas as its more of an interim engine i can't afford to buy brand new tie bar solid lifters, was thinking maybe convert a set of spare hyd lifters i have. Yeah exactly mate, it's not hard or expensive, most of the money is in the heads but otherwise it's a pretty basic/budget build really, that can still be daily driven. I think half the problem is no shops were interested in building them, no one saw the potential. Anyway speaking of fast n/a sixes it's probably old news but came across "na202" on youtube running 9's! That thing is mental and the sound, damn!

Last edited: