Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Starting Issues

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I was having a chat with my Dad about his 2008 V6 Berlina and he mentioned that there were a number of issues when starting first thing in the morning. He is going to get it scanned for codes to see what comes up but we wanted to see if anyone else had similar issues and what the cause might be.

He said it happens only first thing in the morning, the very first start, it starts, after three or four seconds runs very rough. He turns it off, goes through the starting process again and the same happens again. The third start the car is ok and runs ok for the day. Same happens every day. Any thoughts on the cause would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
could be throttle body needs a good clean
could be plugs due for a change
tell us about your username, as that is my username on another forum, crownie

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thanks for the response. I will get my mechanic to have a look at that. With the user name not much to tell really. I had a mental blank when trying to think of a user name and my mind went to Crown Lagers. Ironically since then I tend to drink either Coopers or buy from smaller independent breweries but never thought of any good alternative user name.