Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Throttle Body upgrade. Anyone tried one of these ?

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2
$330 for something you wouldn't even notice? The guys in the US praise ported throttle bodies but I think it's just a placebo affect.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
why waste your money on something that might not work .

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
The most restrictive thing you'll find isn't the throttle body, it's the engine. Money better spent elsewhere.

AusTaxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2020 KIA STINGER GT
$330 for something you wouldn't even notice? The guys in the US praise ported throttle bodies but I think it's just a placebo affect.

How can it be a placebo when more air and more fuel gives you more power ? Might need a tune to get the most from it, but it must help.

I just don't want to waste money if it's not compatible. Otherwise, I would have one on the car by now. I love to tinker :yeah: And, I don't necessarily believe the factory gives you the best bang for your buck.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
How can it be a placebo when more air and more fuel gives you more power ? Might need a tune to get the most from it, but it must help.

But the V6 won't outflow the stock throttle body unless you have a cam/heads/FI/stroker. And yes, you will need a tune. Basically because of the bigger diameter you are feeding more air into the engine for the same amount of fuel/throttle which will throw your AFRs out and make it behave strangely.

Your money would be better spent of (and you would get more out of) a mail order tune.

vongy10

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro V2

I just don't want to waste money if it's not compatible. Otherwise, I would have one on the car by now. I love to tinker :yeah: And, I don't necessarily believe the factory gives you the best bang for your buck.

Have you seen the difference? It's miniscule and not worth the upgrade. Don't believe all the V6 Camaro guys, they're a bunch of idiots. They said they noticed better throttle response and better mileage which I seriously doubt. Compare your throttle body with a ported one, not much has been shaved.

AusTaxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2020 KIA STINGER GT
:(

I already have a tune, CAI and exhaust but I'm looking for a bit more torque throughout the range and was hoping this was the fix.

AusTaxi

Reaction score
Members Ride
2020 KIA STINGER GT
So what about those MACE manifold insulators/spacers ? They do anything ?