Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v6 to v8 conversion lotz of problems

totallybrutal

Totallybrutal
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 5ltr
Had my 5ltr transplanted (wrote it off) to a v6 i had sitting there the guy who done it was backyard mechanic he put a bigger cam in it with no chip, brakes work but barely still got v6 set- up in it anywayz it did start just wouldnt idol was gonna try playing with dizzy while in dianogistic mode but it just stopped running now i have no spark checked coil & ignition module they work fine! Now first thing i wanna know y brakes feel like booster is'nt working the pedal is so hard to push down they do work but barely! Now secondly do i replace dizzy or not i want to know cause itz such big job just to replace dizzy and if itz not the dizzy what else could it b? Here is a video of it when it was running!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=511512615562924&set=vb.100001125698099&type=3&theater

Last edited:

totallybrutal

Totallybrutal
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs 5ltr
have a look at pics cam is rusty looking

Had my 5ltr transplanted (wrote it off) to a v6 i had sitting there the guy who done it was backyard mechanic he put a bigger cam in it with no chip, brakes work but barely still got v6 set- up in it anywayz it did start just wouldnt idol was gonna try playing with dizzy while in dianogistic mode but it just stopped running now i have no spark checked coil & ignition module they work fine! Now first thing i wanna know y brakes feel like booster is'nt working the pedal is so hard to push down they do work but barely! Now secondly do i replace dizzy or not i want to know cause itz such big job just to replace dizzy and if itz not the dizzy what else could it b? Here is a video of it when it was running!
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=511512615562924&set=vb.100001125698099&type=3&theater

Do i just give up on it? I can try to do it myself or pay someone to do it????

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Probably time for a new car, there comes a time when dollars spent on a car will be more than dollars spent on a new car and better off doing it now before you spend the money and the cops attach a yellow canary.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
The bad idle would be because of the bigger cam but no tune. For the brakes, check the vacuum hose to the booster.

Can't help you with spark, try doing a error scan and see if any where chucked up.

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
Check all your vaccum lines are fitted and in the right places, a vac line off/in the wrong place could cause both of these faults