Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

v6 to v8 conversion

aphexcloud

mech
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6/5.7l wh statesman
i know this has probly been asked 100 times before and even more conversions posted on the forum but hey ill ask any way i am going to be putting a 5.0l in my car was just wondering if people could link me a thread on the forums to such a conversion. thanks in advance.

ps: does any 1 know if there is any difference between the vr-vs 5.0L and vt or is it jus engine cover

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
Vt has more grunt as stock its 195kw and the vn/s is only 165kw. The vt also has some internal mods.Not sure extactly but i think its somthing with the rocker setup and somthing in the bottom end.

As of yet i have yet to see somone write up a how too on a 5ltr conversion, which is a shame cause they get all the info off people here but dont return the favour by doing a nice writeup for others later.
If you search through the forums you'll find this question asked plenty with plenty of replys to read through which should get you going.

What engine do you have, the Vt or vn.

NeilB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Caprice
I've done it and its a good conversion especially if you have a car that is the colour you want and you have done other mods. The VT motor has to be converted back to VR/VS spec because it has the map and sequentual injection. Also the computer for the VT is not usable unless you want to do a lot of wiring mods.
I would recommend trying to get hold of a wrecked VN/VR/VS and you will get all you need off it.
Items needed are:
Instrument panel if you get a VN you will need a VR/VS panel)
Front Shocks and Springs
Motor, Harness and ECU
Ignition module
Airbox
Kframe
Power Steering lines and pump
Airconditioner Condensor
Tailshaft
Radiator
Air conditioning lines

There are a few more bits and pieces but that is the main, lots of ppl will tell you you need the V8 brakes you don't as they are the same spec as V6 brakes. But if the V8 you get has a 1" master use it.

PM me if you want more.