Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 to v8 fan problem vx calais

Intense79

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Gen3 5.7 vx calais
Need some help to get my thermo fans working..iv done a conversion to v8 i had doner vx.2 calais i hav vx1 swapover fine only thing fans not working i still have v6 loom from dash to fush box its confusing to figure out whats needed to swap change whateva to get working any advice knowledge much apreciared

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
Need some help to get my thermo fans working..iv done a conversion to v8 i had doner vx.2 calais i hav vx1 swapover fine only thing fans not working i still have v6 loom from dash to fush box its confusing to figure out whats needed to swap change whateva to get working any advice knowledge much apreciared
1 fan is from bcm/air con, turn a/c on and fan should work,
other fan is from ecu/pcm and comes on when dangerous high temp is reached, disconnect cts sensor, run engine and test to see fan is on/working ..... a/c fan will come on first followed by the other.

Intense79

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Gen3 5.7 vx calais
1 fan is from bcm/air con, turn a/c on and fan should work,
other fan is from ecu/pcm and comes on when dangerous high temp is reached, disconnect cts sensor, run engine and test to see fan is on/working ..... a/c fan will come on first followed by the other.
Thx ill giv it a go